Main Menu

Forum Update

Started by 500, 28 July, 2011, 02:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Hi, just got a message from Krombasher.

He is having difficulties accessing the forums. I understand that it's mainly accessing unread posts.

He gets a 301 error.

He pasted the following copy of the message he gets:

QuoteThe document has moved here.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It seems similar to an error I had a couple of days back, but mine just stopped for whatever reasons. I suggested he restart but he has done that twice to no avail.

He is using a PC using Chrome, with btpiloting.

Ok, I will attempt to address the issues raised (please post if I have missed any)

1) 301 error when trying to navigate to the forum
>>> Is this still happening? I was doing some work to fix a canonical url issues on Friday which might have caused a temporary glitch in the servers redirect rules, but shouldn't be happening by now.

2) Clock
>>> Looking into it now, must be a BST issue
>>>>>> The clock has now been sorted

3) Double login
>>> What browser and OS are you using (inc versions etc)? Will try to replicate your issue once I have the required info

4) Images breaking the forums layout
>>> Will pass this onto w3bz whilst I look at the code based issues

5) Popular Thrills images
>>> Again will pass this to w3bz

6) Top of forum
>>> I have plans to enhance the top by making use the of white space to the right of your avatar / profile bits. Thinking a a mini active topics box will be best placed there (list of <> 5 posts)

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Dandontdare

the MODIFY POST function seems to have vanished - I type like a gibbon in boxing gloves, so I often need to go back and correct howling errors!

Good job on the active topics list though!

w3bz

Quote from: Dandontdare on 01 August, 2011, 06:11:28 PM
the MODIFY POST function seems to have vanished - I type like a gibbon in boxing gloves, so I often need to go back and correct howling errors!

Will talk with the mods about this feature as I'm not sure it should be enabled all the time at any rate.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: w3bz on 01 August, 2011, 07:21:43 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 01 August, 2011, 06:11:28 PM

Will talk with the mods about this feature as I'm not sure it should be enabled all the time at any rate.

In the last version of the board it was available for a few minutes after the initial post. I use it a lot to correct typos or add something I missed out.
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Where have all the stars gone?!!

Everyone has only one little new person star. How can we work out who to be supercilious to, and who to be subservient to?
Lock up your spoons!

w3bz

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 01 August, 2011, 07:54:40 PM

Everyone has only one little new person star. How can we work out who to be supercilious to, and who to be subservient to?

(Rushes over with Synth-tac and a handful of stars)

...pfff..huh...you're blind Mr E...*weez*...

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: w3bz on 01 August, 2011, 09:02:41 PM

Thanks. And it's DR. I didn't not go to medical school for nothing.

And I feel almost churlish mentioning that the new/ read threads have been reset.

Your sterling efforts are appreciated by everyone - we just want this to (still) be the bestest place on the whole interent.
Lock up your spoons!

Hoagy

Hello, I like coming on the board to check out all the recent updates via the links above. You know the Active/Unread/Recent replies. But for days now the links have led me to just one page.With this message;

Moved Permanently

The document has moved here.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've found a "round the houses" route the other day but still have a nerdish, feverish fear I'm missing out on my personal view of the forum interplay. Can you help me 500?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Quote from: Krombasher on 03 August, 2011, 02:21:43 AM
Hello, I like coming on the board to check out all the recent updates via the links above. You know the Active/Unread/Recent replies. But for days now the links have led me to just one page.With this message;

Moved Permanently

The document has moved here.

I've found a "round the houses" route the other day but still have a nerdish, feverish fear I'm missing out on my personal view of the forum interplay. Can you help me 500?

I have replied to your PM regarding this  :)

w3bz

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 01 August, 2011, 10:31:16 PM
Quote from: w3bz on 01 August, 2011, 09:02:41 PM

Thanks. And it's DR. I didn't not go to medical school for nothing.

And I feel almost churlish mentioning that the new/ read threads have been reset.

Your sterling efforts are appreciated by everyone - we just want this to (still) be the bestest place on the whole interent.

(puts head in hands rocking back and forward)...they're never happy...they're never happy...*wail*

Quote from: Krombasher on 03 August, 2011, 02:21:43 AM

Out of interest, when you first come to the forum are you going to
http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/
or
http://forums.2000adonline.com/

The latter is correct and there is a redirect in place for the former, but that might be something that's going wrong for you?

w3bz

Oh good 500's on it ;)

*wanders off...*

Colin YNWA

Quote from: w3bz on 28 July, 2011, 10:09:25 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 28 July, 2011, 05:24:51 PM
My laptop has a widescreen and it all looks a bit wonky and stuff is pretty scattered on the top. Once past that its all fine just the banner and stuff.

send me a screenshot my man - w3bz@2000adonline.com and what browser you're using

Apologies for not responding to this. Been away. All good now anyway so hopefully all good?

Edited to add: And should say it looks bloomin' great as well. Love the new look.