Main Menu

London Riots

Started by UncleBaal, 08 August, 2011, 05:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misanthrope

Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Pete Wells

Ye heard about the rapid sentencing too? Two blokes already sentenced to 10 and 16 weeks in prison? It is getting very Dredd indeed!

JUDGE BURNS

Quote from: Goaty on 10 August, 2011, 01:20:18 PM
Quote from: JUDGE BURNS on 10 August, 2011, 01:16:46 PM
Thankfully its still quiet up here in the CAL-HAB Zone....I just pray it doesnt happen here, or we may have to release Middenface McNulty to give them rioters/savages/scumbags the old Glesga Kiss....

Ya think?

Scottish youths arrested over Facebook 'riot' messages
Two teenagers have been arrested after messages were posted on Facebook allegedly inciting others to commit acts of disorder.

What I meant was that there is no physical rioting as yet in CAL-HAB...( we keep it for the old firm matches)

M.I.K.

...and prisons.

When was the last proper (non-prison) riot North of the border? I can't remember any.

The Legendary Shark

That would be June 1973 when Macewan McEwan ordered a side salad to go with his soy-burger. I believe parts of Glasgow have still to be rebuilt.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Matt Timson on 10 August, 2011, 05:13:48 PM
It's also worth noting that "not having much" in the '70s isn't quite the same as "not having much" in the 21st Century.
I have often wondered that it must be pretty tough to be a youngster in this era. Pressures incomparable to those some might have been exposed to in the 70s – those from good or "shit" backgrounds. Mind you, on the other hand, there was more racism back then and it was more overt.

Really think about it for a minute.  What did your rich friends have that you didn't?
Adidas three stripe as opposed to Adidas two stripe.

I find it absolutely staggering that those of you from shit backgrounds that have done well (or at the very least, haven't resorted to just taking what you want) are unable to imagine how you might have fared if you'd fallen in with the wrong crowd, or you weren't encouraged or helped by anyone- or you were just too thick to do any better on your own!

Is PSI-division here?

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'll have a read through the thread later as I have only just got in after a GREAT day out in London. Nothing happened up Camden but I had some chats with shop owners about the day before and how they had to shut up shop at 15:00 because of what might have happened.

On the drive back through Lewisham there was a protest outside the council offices. No Cuts, More Jobs, or something, I was keeping an eye on the road but I did notice a hell of a lot of police.

One last thing before I do family things, I did notice this on the Guardian website (always check this paper, as they get info by phone hacking, just like all the bigger hitters (check the very quiet news last week)). Anyway have a look at the naughty left leaning BBC (the bosses have admitted its bias to the left) below!

The phone hacking paper The Guardian!
  :lol:

JOE SOAP

Quote from: spireite68 on 10 August, 2011, 10:24:04 AM
"RIGHTS? SURE I'M ALL FOR RIGHTS BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF ORDER"

Quoting Dredd in a thread about rioting and wanton violence makes me think you take the character literally, which is a bit worrying.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 10 August, 2011, 09:47:19 PM
Anyway have a look at the naughty left leaning BBC (the bosses have admitted its bias to the left) below!

I can't take you seriously when you call the BBC left-wing?

Matt Timson

Pffft...

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Matt Timson on 10 August, 2011, 10:17:02 PM
Quote from: SuperSurfer on 10 August, 2011, 08:59:39 PM

Is PSI-division here?

Fuck off?

How uncouth and uncalled for. What a shame that some have to resort to such behaviour.

Matt Timson

I guess so.  Better to slip one in under the radar than to just openly be a twat, I guess.  Now fuck off.

:thumbsup:
Pffft...

SuperSurfer