Main Menu

Who's going to Hi-Ex 2012?

Started by Proudhuff, 06 September, 2011, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 January, 2012, 07:53:34 PM
If anyone is looking for the cheapest fares, avoid a website called "raileasy.com" which pops up on  a lot of searches -  they offered the best price for a return to Inverness, but after selecting train times, seat booking preferences, ticket delivery details and taking card payment details, it then says "one or more parts of your journey are unavailable - please amend your choices" - burt it doesn't tell you which part!

So I spent ages choosing different times, removing restrictive choices such as 'window only' - never got it to pass. Ending up using their timetable info to book tickets on the same trains via thetrainline.com at almost same price, no problem.

I fucking hate internet travel booking and this country's transport system. It's all Thatcher's fault!

The bit you can't get is the return as its not available until 13 Jan!!

Buttman, afraid the Rad Wagon is out. The butler, below stairs maids and my portmandeau alongside the best bits from Huff Mansions' wine cellar really don't need shoogling, luckly Phil and Liz have offered their train for the weekend.
DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

He's scared Buttonman, just like you said  ;)

NeilFord

I'll be there, do we need to buy tickets or just pay on the day?

Richmond Clements

Quote from: NeilFord on 14 January, 2012, 03:13:01 PM
I'll be there, do we need to buy tickets or just pay on the day?

Either/or, although paying before hand is better for us... (when they go on sale, of course, which shall be soon!)

NeilFord

Pete Wells

Hey Richmond, is the Ramada Hotel deal on this year?

Richmond Clements

Pete Wells

Dandontdare

Quote from: Pete Wells on 14 January, 2012, 07:37:14 PM
What do we do to get it sir?

you check out the Hi Ex website  of course!

QuoteThe expo hotel is the Mercure ( formerly the Ramada ) on Church street
£80.00 per twin and £64 per single
Phone Inverness direct and mention Hi-Ex for the discount rate.

Email: csales.mercureinverness@jupiterhotels.co.uk

Mercure Inverness
Church Street
Inverness
IV1 1DX

Main Line: 0844 8159006
Fax:01506 445721
www.jupiterhotels.co.uk

Pete Wells

Cheers DDD! What a plank I am, I was on the HiEx website today, looking in the News setion to see if there was anything there! I'll ring tomorrow...

NeilFord

The encore is pretty cheap too , £48 per night for a twin. http://www.encoreinverness.co.uk/

Proudhuff

Trains can now be booked on easyrail, £38 return to edinbra...
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

Quote from: davethomson on 11 January, 2012, 12:05:55 PM
I have decided to pack in the idea of going by train thanks to the cost and times of them being ridiculous. Now I shall be joining up with the Hell Trek as it travels through the central belt! :D
Really? £10.90 each way from Glasgow or Edinburgh when I looked.
We never really die.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I have done nothing about this. Has everyone booked a hotel room? If not, does anyone want to share?
Lock up your spoons!

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 17 January, 2012, 12:41:55 PM
I have done nothing about this. Has everyone booked a hotel room? If not, does anyone want to share?

You should try the hell-Trekers you might get lucky!
DDT did a job on me