Main Menu

Judge Dredd vs Zombies (iPhone app)

Started by Dash Decent, 02 December, 2011, 01:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Is there an announcement thread for this?

New Dredd game, more zombies again!

There's an image of Dredd at the end of the hi-res trailer that has been flipped - so his badge is on the wrong side and (more importantly) his name is written backwards.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Dash Decent

Thanks Emperor.  I'm a dope for not thinking to look in the Games thread (and perhaps also a dope for thinking Rebellion might announce it somewhere on the 2000AD website!).

(Yes, there is a banner ad up now.)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Molch-R

Quote from: Dash Decent on 02 December, 2011, 08:04:56 AM
(and perhaps also a dope for thinking Rebellion might announce it somewhere on the 2000AD website!).

Technical issues getting in the way. But thanks, it makes it all worthwhile.

Steve Green

@Dash

Does it really matter that much that you don't get the information the very nano-second it gets announced officially?

Information leaks out before it's made official, that's just a fact of life. There are many people who might spot this information and post about it, whereas the official PR Person, might just have a few other things to sort out as well.

Just a thought.

Dash Decent

I wasn't having a go at anyone, it just seems odd to me that this stuff can't be co-ordinated.  Rebellion must know about it, as the approver/licensor, and if merchants can pre-list stuff then why can't Rebellion say "Hey, this is on the schedule"?

The situation with the new game is an odd one because there is a banner on the site, but no mention on the 2000AD home page, news page or Announcements thread.  It reminded me of the very casual way the Dredd movie was announced (and other things) hence the comment.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Molch-R

Quote from: Dash Decent on 02 December, 2011, 11:47:41 PM
I wasn't having a go at anyone, it just seems odd to me that this stuff can't be co-ordinated.  Rebellion must know about it, as the approver/licensor, and if merchants can pre-list stuff then why can't Rebellion say "Hey, this is on the schedule"?

The situation with the new game is an odd one because there is a banner on the site, but no mention on the 2000AD home page, news page or Announcements thread.  It reminded me of the very casual way the Dredd movie was announced (and other things) hence the comment.

I'll deal with the separate points you've raised. First off, yes, maybe I should have started an announcement thread. I've not done that recently so I'll try and ensure I do it.

You ask why we didn't alert you to the fact it's coming out beforehand - that's because the dynamics of marketing an iOS game are all dependent on a big impact on the day it goes live. With this type of game we want people to see coverage, go to the Appstore and immediately be able to buy the game. If they can't, you've lost a sale. So it's all about marketing it when it goes live - I spent the two days after it officially went onto the store contacting and visiting journalists across the world to cover the launch, and write about and review the game, so that their readers could see that and buy it straight away. This is a very different strategy to GN and merchandise launches, which have different set-ups and different challenges.

Psidude

cheers Molch-R we really do appreciate your hard work and passion just dont show it some times! ;)

Large48

Yep, MM does a very difficult job, very well.  :)
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Hoagy

Check out the trailer non iphone holders!

I really wouldn't have those suckers going to resyk Mr Judge.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/716393/judge-dredd-vs-zombies-launch-trailer.jhtml
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Mardroid

Heh. I wish it wasn't a zombie infestation (we seem over-saturated with zombies these last few years as it is) but that looks quite good. I'm not so keen on the voice-over.

Spaceghost

Hopefully there'll be a sequel based on Cry of the Werewolf. Dredd (who has been bitten) vs werewolves in MC1. You would have to find and take a serum to stop your 'wolf metre' getting too high or you'll turn into a werewolf yourself and go berserk.

I will provide my home address for the royalty cheque to be sent to.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

pauljholden

Oh god... make it Dredd vs Werewolves in the undercity and I'm in! (well, I'm already in, but I'm definitely back in...)

Spaceghost

Quote from: pauljholden on 05 December, 2011, 03:24:01 PM
...Dredd vs Werewolves in the undercity...

Great idea! I'll split the royalties with you.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Hoagy

The whole game plan could be just to get the serum and play as Dreddwolf in the last level!

That kind of complicates in-game play, fear of death protocol though.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract