Main Menu

Brett Ewins hospitalised by police

Started by CraveNoir, 17 January, 2012, 05:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

I would strongly urge board members to resist commenting on ongoing court proceedings. Even a website can be held in contempt of court.

- Trout

Professor Bear

I'm not unsympathetic to the officers' post-event difficulties, but I maintain that it is not difficult to predict that forcing your way into someone's home would provoke a hostile response even if the resident was fully in possession of their faculties at the time.

Professor Bear

...aaaand attempts to edit that last post to reflect Trouty's sound advice can apparently go fuck themselves as the "modify" button once again pulls a disappearing act.  Awesome.

Trout

I think we could do with a little mod attention in this thread. I realise people have strong opinions, and they're entitled to them, but it's best to let a court case run its course first.

Trust me: I've been doing some training on the issue in recent weeks, and have to warn you all that English courts are taking a very dim view of prejudicial reporting these days. That could conceivably include message board comments.

By "very dim view" I mean criminal convictions and four-figure fines for those who comment and those who run the website. Hopefully I'm overreacting but in newspapers we tend to play it safe.

Best wishes

- Trout

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I am very concerned about the Standard report, but as wise heads have said, now is not the time to make comment.

Richmond Clements

Listen to the trout, children.
If there's anything you advise be removed, let me know. Otherwise, everyone else stop commenting directly on this case.

JOE SOAP

I have to say I find it hard to read this thread and I've no particular interest in commenting on it, it's all awful.

maryanddavid

QuoteI have to say I find it hard to read this thread and I've no particular interest in commenting on it, it's all awful.

Yeah, same too, other than I loved his work, especially the Anderson/ Bad Company 1,2,3 work. His Anderson is the definative for me.

Trout

Quote from: maryanddavid on 12 September, 2012, 12:22:54 AM
QuoteI have to say I find it hard to read this thread and I've no particular interest in commenting on it, it's all awful.

Yeah, same too, other than I loved his work, especially the Anderson/ Bad Company 1,2,3 work. His Anderson is the definative for me.

I loved his Anderson. A few years ago, some of his prelims were being sold and I'm still thrilled that I bought one.

maryanddavid

I got a Bad Company and Dredd prelim round that time too. Its on greaseproof paper, really great stuff.

Proudhuff

Quote from: opaque on 11 September, 2012, 07:06:40 PM
Apart from the fact that the Brazillian Electrician didn't actually do anything. Unfortunately Brett did.

Shouting and ranting in your own home is now a crime? i can never watch TV again!
DDT did a job on me

Professor Bear

The court case - apart from the sentencing - is over, and Tony "Riot" Wright has an update:
http://tonyvwright.tumblr.com/post/31540483084/brett-ewins-2

TordelBack

Quote from: Professah Byah on 19 September, 2012, 05:41:09 PM
The court case - apart from the sentencing - is over, and Tony "Riot" Wright has an update:

I've said too much on this thread already, but that excellent, measured piece made me feel sick to my stomach. 

Fatboydale

Quote from: Professah Byah on 19 September, 2012, 05:41:09 PM

I wish to point out i love Brett's art and have been a fan of his from the start and always will be ...but

What a load of fairy tale shite ......

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I am glad that Brett was found not guilty of GBH with intent.

Must admit to some bafflement that his defence were unable to argue that he was not responsible for his actions at the time of the incident. Seems to me like there is somewthing wrong with the law in this area.