RECENT PURCHASES
The Metabarons Ultimate Collecton HC
X-Statix Omnibus
Forming Vol. 1
Shaky Kane's Monster Truck
The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec Vol. 1
Xombi

Colin YNWA

Good to see that someone else is enjoying (well I'm assuming you are) 'Planet of the Apes' the current series really is a delight and not enough people are singing its praises from what I can see.

Strontium Claw

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 06 March, 2012, 04:11:48 PM
Good to see that someone else is enjoying (well I'm assuming you are) 'Planet of the Apes' the current series really is a delight and not enough people are singing its praises from what I can see.

Absolutely. 'Planet of the Apes' is one of my current faves.
Never heard of the creators before but this book should be held up as an example of how to do monthlies properly, I mean, if any comic has to cost $3.99 an issue at least make sure it has a talented and regular creative team with a story to tell, comes out on time and is printed on 22 pages of quality paper with no ads so it's actually a nice thing to own and read.

Colin YNWA

Yeah I've been really impressed with how Boom! have retained such a high quality team producing what the big two are always on the look out for, a great team who as you say put out 22 great pages regular as clockwork. How Carlos Magno does it in particular I find astonishing, his art is fantastic.

Evil Pants

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 06 March, 2012, 07:08:20 PM
Yeah I've been really impressed with how Boom! have retained such a high quality team producing what the big two are always on the look out for, a great team who as you say put out 22 great pages regular as clockwork. How Carlos Magno does it in particular I find astonishing, his art is fantastic.

Their 28 Days Later and Do Androids Dream Adaptations were quite good as well. I'm looking forward to Grace Randolph's Supurbia as well.
My opinions on comics can be found here: http://fourcoloursandthetruth.wordpress.com/

Webcomics, as written by me, can be found here: http://condoofmystery.com/

flintlockjaw

Gonna order the rest of the Charleys War hardcovers (To Vol 8: Hitler Youth).