Main Menu

2000AD MARCH ART COMP - PUT YOURSELF INTO THE PROG!

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 March, 2012, 10:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Ladies and Gentlemen - 2012's second art-theme as suggested by January's winner IAMTHESYSTEM!

"Basically stick a piccy of yourself [passport photo or something from your Digital Camera etc] or draw yourself into (or redraw from scratch) one of your favourite 2000AD page moments or panels. You could be fighting Torquemada! You could BE Torquemada!! 

You're in the action, Man! "

Oohhh hohohoho!

The competition will run until midnight on the 29th - !

Good luck, be careful and for god's sake never get on the back of a walrus. It's just not worth it!

Daveycandlish

Must get me finger out and do something for this - I've missed the last couple :-\
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

David Frankum

Top idea! Very, very busy at the mo, but if I get a chance I'll try and produce something. Such a cool idea :)

SKD

Quick pic. It's called ,This is not what it looks like...... CF had the last Dredd uniform.'

Stew. :D

CrazyFoxMachine

Bhuna

hahah that's brill. Gonna try and do something for this months comp, but personal life commitments may kibosh that!
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

SKD

locustsofdeath!

:o :lol:

That's great, SKD - and a bit of a "preview" for something else  ::).

Love the belly hanging out.

Van Dom

Great pic SKD! I see this comp is suffering similar to the story comp this month......have everyone's creative juices dried up for the month?? (I know mine have been missing since December but seem to be revitalising themselves slowly but surely).
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Van Dom on 16 March, 2012, 08:22:56 AM
......have everyone's creative juices dried up for the month??

Yeah might as well throw in the towel on this one, maybe make it bi-monthly...?

Jon

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 16 March, 2012, 11:02:32 AM
Quote from: Van Dom on 16 March, 2012, 08:22:56 AM
......have everyone's creative juices dried up for the month??

Yeah might as well throw in the towel on this one, maybe make it bi-monthly...?

I dunno, keep plugging away? I didn't join in on this one 'cos I'm a bit stupidly busy but mainly cos I hate drawing myself* (and I'm not very good at it). I'd certainly be keen to post something in future though.

*I suppose I could've drawn anyone, really.

IAMTHESYSTEM

So I exercise my neurons into thinking up this competition and you all thinks its too crap for you too enter?

F.U FORUM! Go to Judo's word flirt comp! Yes Word FLIRT!! That's what I said I did!! Ban me if you dare Mods you Politically correct Gestapo wannabe shite monkeys you!!!!!! Why are there so many exclamation marks after each sentence?!!!!!!!

F.U Marvel Comics that's why!!!!!!!!!!! With your fancy NU YORK ways and your shite boy next door turned Super hero Spunk monkey Avengers who dress in womens clothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Er, I haven't come up with anything yet either.

Yeah kill it till next month or whenever.  :D

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

SKD

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 15 March, 2012, 09:51:06 PM
:o :lol:

That's great, SKD - and a bit of a "preview" for something else  ::).

Love the belly hanging out.

Why Locust, you are being cryptic  ;) The belly hanging out is (unfortunately) real, this is why i'm having to wear my wife's old maternity leggings when I go climbing.  :lol:

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 16 March, 2012, 11:29:02 AM
So I exercise my neurons into thinking up this competition and you all thinks its too crap for you too enter?

IAMTHESYSTEM I thought this was a wonderful/fun idea for a comp. I may have just frightened away the other potential entrants'. Lets face it, the sight of a middle aged, overweight chap in stiletto heels is enough to scare the s***! out of anyone.  :lol:

Stew.

flip-r mk2

Don't know if I'll have time to draw a new image so here's one from the archive.

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Van Dom

Ha! I've never seen that before, Filip, its great!:)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!