Main Menu

Day Of Chaos finale

Started by vzzbux, 12 March, 2012, 01:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

You're all kidding yourselves.  Only one man can save the city now.

Convicted repeat-offender, self-absorbed autobiographer, master of disguise, one of a tiny few to have crossed swords with Dredd and won time and again...

Some say he's John Wagner's greatest creation.  Who else could bring an end to Day of Chaos but [spoiler]Slick Dickens[/spoiler]?

Proudhuff

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 26 April, 2012, 12:11:08 PM
Depends if his Christmas Tree idea pays dividends.

Grrrr! you and your insider knowledge, I hope that new arm hurts!!
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 26 April, 2012, 12:11:08 PM
Depends if his Christmas Tree idea pays dividends.

Spruce/Alpaca hybrids?  Madre grud, their soft silky needles and resinous spitting will destroy us all!

Alien Goodness

I'm still wondering what's P J Maybe's part in this story is going to be? I like the earlier suggestion that he'll become Chief Judge at the end of this!  :lol:

ming

The Prog 1781 cover has popped up, courtesy of DJ Food.  I haven't seen this anywhere else yet, so figured it was worth posting a link:

http://www.djfood.org/djfood/ho-lee-shit

Hawkmumbler

That cover is un-fucking believabel.
Could well be cover of the year.

John Caliber

The losers are back :)

Five minutes later, Fear and Mortis were encased in Boing, and Fire was put out by water cannon. See you in 20 years for Day of Chaos II, chaps...
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

BPP

Quote from: John Caliber on 28 April, 2012, 12:01:57 PM
The losers are back

That would be a GREAT line for Joe to say.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

vzzbux

Little bit of a sex weee.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Goaty

My biggest worry is that all events build up last many months for Day of Chaos, and it over in few progs?

Dr Feeley Good

WOW !!! i love that cover !

a chosen rider

Quote from: Goaty on 28 April, 2012, 04:28:42 PM
My biggest worry is that all events build up last many months for Day of Chaos, and it over in few progs?

Seems unlikely; Eve of Destruction has had 16 parts, so I'd expect the main Day of Chaos story to be at least that long.  There's too much going on for it all to be dealt with in just a handful of progs.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Frank

Quote from: ming on 26 April, 2012, 09:39:47 AM
That "really looking forward to seeing what other writers do with what I've left them" bit does sound as though this epic is intended as Wagner's Swansong on Dredd, the thought of which makes me cry like a big girlie girl.

Fargoville seemed like a nice enough town, and Joe's showed a new interest in family of late. Everything that's wrong with the Justice System (seeing adherence to The Law as an end in itself), that Fargo compelled Dredd to address, was present (in microcosm) in the town that bears his (family) name and wears his face.

If someone as inured to personal development as Dredd takes Michael Jackson's trite advice, and decides that the only way to change the world is to change himself, relocating to a town where every day involves taking a long, unflattering look in the mirror is as good a place to start as any.

It'll take a new administration with a democratic mandate from the citizens to restore order to the streets of MC1. That'd be an onerous task for a man of Dredd's age to adapt to, and he's so closely identified with the ancien régime he might feel he'd be more hinderance than help, but all Dredd's ancestral home town needed was a decent Sheriff ...

TordelBack

Something of an aside, but I love the balanced but contrasting meanings in 'Fargo - Father of Justice', and 'Dredd - He is the Law!', however unintentional at the time of their creation.  Fargo's pleading admonishment has only grown in power since Origins.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 April, 2012, 08:16:06 PM
Fargo's pleading admonishment has only grown in power since Origins.

Something Dredd has subconciously wanted since tale of the Dead Man but was confirmed by the Beenys and Clone-Pappy.