Rebellion Teases three mysterious images, "They Are Coming", and a date 5.2.12

Started by The Adventurer, 04 April, 2012, 09:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

JOE SOAP

Cthulouis

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 05 April, 2012, 11:49:11 PM
Quote from: Cthulouis on 05 April, 2012, 11:31:08 PM
And yet it is here on the news thread, on the official Rebellion/2000ad site.

because the thread was posted by a member who saw it on CBM.

Ah, so it was. The confusion clears.

Though not the confusion about what this is actually about. Curse you Molch-R for making us this way!

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 05 April, 2012, 11:52:00 PM
Quote from: Cthulouis on 05 April, 2012, 11:31:08 PM

I seem to recall the IDW news broke elsewhere first as well; the internet is hardly an easy thing to co-ordinate, especially across time zones, so I don't see a less-than-a-day time delay as any sign that Tharg's droids are neglecting this site as an official platform for news.

because IDW announced it at one of the cons and it was more or less simultaneously announced by the PR staff -Molcher- on this board so there's no neglect. The Rebellion announcement is different as it seems aimed at the US and may not be directly releated to 2000AD.

Indeed, I was also saying there was no neglect. The fact that the "new" button takes you straight to a most recent post of any thread means that I had forgotten that this thread was not started by Molch-R. I had first seen this news on Twitter, and so my memory tricked me into assuming this was an "official" thread.

Molch-R

JOE SOAP

Emperor

Quote from: Cthulouis on 05 April, 2012, 11:31:08 PMI must admit, I must admit, I've never been entierly sure why this place needs a news *and* an announcement section. Are announcements not just a way of telling people news?

Think of it the other way around - the announcements thread is for announcements (and is probably going to be posted by someone with a little more authority and would tend to be something official 2000AD want to get out there), the news is for general 2000AD news (like the covers blog updating). There is no real black and white definition of what goes where - sometimes I'll err on the side of caution and post an announcement released elsewhere in here (I might have posted this in announcements if I'd found it first), and if someone else stumbles across an official announcement made elsewhere they'll post a thread to it in this forum. So just because it isn't in the news forum, doesn't mean it isn't an announcement. Of course, this shouldn't be seen as confirmation that this isn't an announcement related to 2000AD - I am in the same boat as most of you.

tl;dr: Don't worry too much about it ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

A.Cow

Although everybody is pointing out that this was released on a US comics forum, isn't that exactly the target audience for Sniper Elite V2?

Which happens to be released in May 2012.  (Although, ironically, the age verification for the US site uses dd/mm/yyyy date format)

Could there be a connection?

Richmond Clements

And as as as I am aware the point of PR is to (forgive me) spread the word.
Everyone here is already a fan of the comic, announcing everything here first isn't going to help pull in new readers.

Hawkmumbler

I'm intrigued as to what this may turn out to be.
Could it be three different properties?

Van Dom

They look like really cool superhero costume logos. That's what 2000ad needs, actually, some superhero characters, to draw in the American mainstream crowd  (I think they like their superheroes over there). I wouldnt object to a superhero strip in 2000ad again. Doesn't have to be all head-melty like Zenith was, there are other ways to do something different in the 2000ad style without falling into cliche land.

Still, having said, it's almost certainly ABC Warriors. Not that there's anything wrong that.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 05 April, 2012, 10:00:10 PM
Whatever it is, if it is 2000ad related then why isn't it being mentioned here in an official capacity?

I meant as well as being mentioned elsewhere. It seems we are the poor relations here.
Lock up your spoons!

Steve Green

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

PreacherCain

Quote from: Van Dom on 06 April, 2012, 09:17:42 AM
They look like really cool superhero costume logos. That's what 2000ad needs, actually, some superhero characters, to draw in the American mainstream crowd  (I think they like their superheroes over there). I wouldnt object to a superhero strip in 2000ad again. Doesn't have to be all head-melty like Zenith was, there are other ways to do something different in the 2000ad style without falling into cliche land.

Still, having said, it's almost certainly ABC Warriors. Not that there's anything wrong that.

Ew. No.

And I'd argue people aren't interested in superhero comics nearly as much as you'd think, considering their crashing sales in the US over the last decade in particular. No amount of rebooting or crossovering obscures the fact that there's just not that much of a demand for the stuff in comic form. If Diamond ever goes, things will change very quickly.

The real money is outside the direct market as well as trade sales. Where things like The Walking Dead, Scott Pilgrim, Fables and all the Vertigo/Image/independent stuff reigns. Those series grow the market by bringing in new readers, not relying on the OCD completists and fanboys.

Still, I think you're right. It's the ABC Warriors, innit?

Hawkmumbler

I think we can explain the crash of the Super hero genre in America by simply stating "The New 52".
Fanboys are sick of being fucked over by big companys.