Main Menu

Forum of the future!...?

Started by w3bz, 26 June, 2012, 04:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

So what the latest on images uploads or url stuff? Same as usual?

w3bz

Quote from: Goaty on 27 June, 2012, 01:08:00 PM

Wut?

Noisybast

Quote from: w3bz on 26 June, 2012, 09:42:52 PM
Well I was talking posts lost in the void with no thread tie-ins or the general malingering chaos that is "spam" ...but now that you come to mention it...  ;)

You can't kill Thread Zero. It's been tried before y'know...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Buttonman

Quote from: w3bz on 27 June, 2012, 02:09:50 PM

Wut?

Pardom me for answering on your behalf Goaty, but I think the question is whether the new forum will allow us to upload images directly rather than via a 3rd party hosting site like Photobucket.

w3bz

Quote from: Buttonman on 27 June, 2012, 08:22:06 PM
Quote from: w3bz on 27 June, 2012, 02:09:50 PM

Wut?

Pardom me for answering on your behalf Goaty, but I think the question is whether the new forum will allow us to upload images directly rather than via a 3rd party hosting site like Photobucket.

Oh...ummm..possibly...based on the huge number of images you lot churn out that could very well eat all my bandwidth. But I might be able to compromise to allow a certain sized image upload.

Albion

Please don't let it correct Cyberleader's spelling.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Mudcrab

Where the hell's the trailer already?

Also, more smileys please. Particularly some custom 2000ad character ones. I dunno, maybe someone around here knows someone that might be you know, artistic in some way? Could you get a noticabley Ezquerra-esque Dredd in 16x16?  :P
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

a chosen rider

Quote from: Mudcrab on 29 June, 2012, 12:42:08 PMAlso, more smileys please. Particularly some custom 2000ad character ones. I dunno, maybe someone around here knows someone that might be you know, artistic in some way? Could you get a noticabley Ezquerra-esque Dredd in 16x16?  :P

Topic for the next art comp?
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

w3bz

Quote from: Mudcrab on 29 June, 2012, 12:42:08 PM
Where the hell's the trailer already?

Also, more smileys please. Particularly some custom 2000ad character ones. I dunno, maybe someone around here knows someone that might be you know, artistic in some way? Could you get a noticabley Ezquerra-esque Dredd in 16x16?  :P

I'd love some 8-bit ones myself, but yeah...didn't we have some Thargy ones a while back? My memory isn't what it ever was....and what trailer? For what? For a new forum? That'd be the blandest dullfest of a trailer the world has experienced...

Quote from: a chosen rider on 29 June, 2012, 02:46:21 PM
Quote from: Mudcrab on 29 June, 2012, 12:42:08 PMAlso, more smileys please. Particularly some custom 2000ad character ones. I dunno, maybe someone around here knows someone that might be you know, artistic in some way? Could you get a noticabley Ezquerra-esque Dredd in 16x16?  :P

Topic for the next art comp?

Great idea! Well...at least I think so...

Dandontdare

somebody did this a while back didn't they? Although I can't find the thread now - actually that's a good point - I'm hoping the new site will have a more useful search function as the current one is a bit pants.

SmallBlueThing

"A bit pants"? The current search isnt even a search, more a random guess, a shrug, hands thrown up in the air, and a mutter of 'oh, you sort it out', followed by a slouchy walk away with its pants showing above its trousers.

SBT

Dandontdare

:lol: I was trying to be diplomatic - these web-droids can have highly sensitive criticism-circuits.

Mudcrab

Quote from: w3bz on 29 June, 2012, 04:17:21 PM
...and what trailer? For what? For a new forum? That'd be the blandest dullfest of a trailer the world has experienced...

He he, yes, just a little joke, you did say you'd give us a preview and that was a bit of a pastiche of the film thread really  :D

I do seem to remember some smileys too. Had some TF2 ones on another forum, silly wee things but surprisingly fun to be able to put a character beside a post.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

w3bz

Quote from: Dandontdare on 30 June, 2012, 09:34:07 AM

somebody did this a while back didn't they? Although I can't find the thread now - actually that's a good point - I'm hoping the new site will have a more useful search function as the current one is a bit pants.

Agreed!

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 30 June, 2012, 09:57:57 AM
"A bit pants"? The current search isnt even a search, more a random guess, a shrug, hands thrown up in the air, and a mutter of 'oh, you sort it out', followed by a slouchy walk away with its pants showing above its trousers.

SBT

...agreed?...Agreed!

Quote from: Dandontdare on 30 June, 2012, 10:37:24 AM
:lol: I was trying to be diplomatic - these web-droids can have highly sensitive criticism-circuits.

Droids?...Plural?...When did this happen and why wasn't I informed! At last I can share my favourite pastime of shouting in the dark with a decent Bordeaux!

Quote from: Mudcrab on 01 July, 2012, 01:01:15 AM
Quote from: w3bz on 29 June, 2012, 04:17:21 PM
...and what trailer? For what? For a new forum? That'd be the blandest dullfest of a trailer the world has experienced...

He he, yes, just a little joke...

:o I thought you were being deadly serious.

Roger Godpleton

The Purge means no more Thryllseekyr! Finally that corrupt buffoon will receive retribution for his years of mayoral sabotage. FUCK THE MAYAH LONG LIVE THE MAYAH
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!