Main Menu

Forum of the future!...?

Started by w3bz, 26 June, 2012, 04:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

Quote from: Jared Katooie
Can we have a black background with white text? It's so much easier on the eyes.

Please, no - it makes me dizzy!

I, Cosh

Things Cosh likes.
- Active Topics.
- Techno.

Things Cosh finds boring and which should, therefore, be banned.
- People whinging on about seeing spoilers because they bookmarked some stupid preview pane view of recent posts.
- Zombies.

Things Cosh wistfully dreams of.
- The ability to search for random text strings in historical posts and for the various options you have selected not to be reset when you try to go to the next page of results.

Things Cosh treasures in his heart but doesn't like to talk about.
- Webz.
We never really die.

Buttonman

You forgot the Letters thread in your likes there Cosh.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Buttonman on 26 June, 2012, 10:34:27 PM
You forgot the Letters thread in your likes there Cosh.
I love it so much I didn't want to type its name.
We never really die.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 26 June, 2012, 09:45:28 PM
Is this new "alleged" web site really a convoluted plot to summon cosmic horrors from beyond space time? It would be fun if it was.

Yeah! Bring back Thread Zero.

Lock up your spoons!

Roger Godpleton

I feel like we need to talk about Donald Glover more.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

exilewood

Childish Gambino is currently the best Jewish Country & Western singer operating correctly.

TordelBack

Change is only ever good when it's implemented with the axe and the torch and the howl of the demagogue. Think how cool it was when Kirk swapped the USS Enterprise for the B'rel-class Bird-of-Prey 'HMS Bounty', and how no good came of him swapping back to the dull old Enterprise-A and her randomly-number decks and hazardous pipe-filled service corridors. 

Change us Webz, we're ready.  Change us until our pips squeak.

w3bz

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 26 June, 2012, 09:43:29 PM
Have we still got to use a monitor, like it's bloody two thousand and bloody five and batter our fingertips on a keyboard? Or is the Board finally going to enter the space age and pump it all straight into my brain, like it should?

SBT

I'm willing to experiment if you are...?

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 26 June, 2012, 09:45:28 PM
Is this new "alleged" web site really a convoluted plot to summon cosmic horrors from beyond space time? It would be fun if it was.

Well, it's a new "forum" so you're all sorts of wrong. I'll add you to the Russian Roulette Purge List. Say 4 Hail Marys and repent a bit around the edges.

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 26 June, 2012, 10:20:53 PM
Can we have a black background with white text? It's so much easier on the eyes.

No?

Also I'd like red links like in the good old days. They lit up when you hovered over them! The dark blue ones we have now blend in too much with the black text.

Maybe!

Also, can we have the option to see how many people are ignoring you? I know a lot of people whined about this feature, but I don't see any harm in having it as an option. Just so people can keep track of whether they are proving unpopular.

Not got the ignoring feature just yet so no idea as to whether the above will apply yet...

Also, I'd like if we could have the Something Awful smileys as the current set aren't great. I know a lot of people whine about smileys, but if we're going to have them then we might as well go all out.

Mmm yes I'd like to update the smileys generally

Quote from: The Cosh on 26 June, 2012, 10:32:43 PM
Things Cosh finds boring and which should, therefore, be banned.
- People whinging on about seeing spoilers because they bookmarked some stupid preview pane view of recent posts.

Hmmm will look into the later, as for the former that's probably due to this place needing a prune and hasn't had one for a while so I doubt a re-index happened.

...Zombies.

Spoilsport.

Things Cosh treasures in his heart but doesn't like to talk about.
- Webz.

:wave:

Change us Webz, we're ready.  Change us until our pips squeak.

Brace yourself.

SmallBlueThing

Can we have flashing red/yellow text on a chequered green, blue, gold and purple background and accompanying "WEEWEEWEEWEEWEEWEE!" alarm, as standard across all the forums please? (if we are forced to still live in the nineteen eighties and look at a screen). Also, can you program surprise monkeys in hats to pop up, and give us an optional cheese encyclopaedia function?

SBT

Trout

I demand the return of Koom Scrreee.

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Roger Godpleton

I think that certain boarders need to be nerfed so as to create a more even tier list.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

w3bz

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 27 June, 2012, 10:24:03 AM
Can we have flashing red/yellow text on a chequered green, blue, gold and purple background and accompanying "WEEWEEWEEWEEWEEWEE!" alarm, as standard across all the forums please? (if we are forced to still live in the nineteen eighties and look at a screen). Also, can you program surprise monkeys in hats to pop up, and give us an optional cheese encyclopaedia function?

SBT

What do you put on your cereal SBT?  :o

Proudhuff

Quote from: Trout on 27 June, 2012, 10:29:06 AM
I demand the return of Koom Scrreee.

ah, misty eyed huff

anyway, on with the Purge, this will only make us stronger!! Rise up you slumbering lions!! Throw of your chains! Its like Stalin all over again, purge or be purged!!

DDT did a job on me