Main Menu

RoboCop - Murphy's Law

Started by JOE SOAP, 07 July, 2012, 10:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Hawkmumbler

JOE SOAP

Mabs

"Dead or alive, you're coming with me" BOOM!

That sleek ED-209. Sam Jackson. Gary Oldman (at least that's who I thought I saw). Looking good.....but, not liking that flip down visor, takes away some of the mystery. It seems like we'll get a lengthy backstory, and more emotional reunion with his family, which isn't a bad thing. I won't get too excited though, best watch it first then make up my mind.

Thanks for posting the trailer, Joe. :-)
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Professor Bear

They really over-milk the delivery of the "dead or alive" line for my money, it looks like a superhero trailer complete with shots from Iron Man and Dark Knight, and he has human emotions from the off with his OH NOE I AM A ROBITT schtick that seems to render the central premise redundant so I imagine they're taking it in another direction entirely.  A bit light on explosions for my taste, and there doesn't seem to be a single standout dramatic or action setpiece in the whole trailer, it's just noisy, so I imagine this is an early cut and all the good stuff comes in the later trailers.

I liked Robocop 2, 3, The Series, and thought Alpha Commando was a hoot, so while I accept this probably won't be as good as the original, it'll take a lot to actually disappoint me - I mean Robo will have to look straight into the camera and deny the holocaust or something.

JOE SOAP

From the trailer, at least, the impression is given that it makes the original look like a masterclass in subtlety.

Frank

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 06 September, 2013, 02:23:38 AM
while I accept this probably won't be as good as the original, it'll take a lot to actually disappoint me - I mean Robo will have to look straight into the camera and deny the holocaust or something.

If the Daily Mail found an old podcast where he and Lewis left sexually explicit messages on someone's answerphone machine you'd be dipping your switch in paraffin and chanting outside the windmill just like everybody else. The free will thing seems superficially quite interesting, but the way they've thrown two actors from Batman films, Nick Fury, and that guy with the mask from The Watch Man at the screen gives me the fear.

Apestrife

I like the first one's Frankenstein's monster feel, so I'm not sure about the Iron man vibes I get from this. Doesn't look that good based on the trailer, but then neither did DREDD ;)

But based on the trailer. I like Joel and Samuel as actors, and I'm sure they'll do fine in this. But the rest of it looks a bit to shiny, fast and cgi.

And also. They talk about him being paralysed, shouldn't they be able to fix that since they're apperantly can put his head inside a robotic body? Like making him an exo skeleton. Which when I think of it could have been more interesting, since he's still Murphy. Making the robocop body like a wheel chair for him. Something he doesn't wan't to be seen as/for, but can't live without.

Apestrife

This has probably been brought up already.

Steel trailer

And with a 2014 release, wonder if it'll clash with the upcomming Deus Ex Human Revolution film adaption?

Goaty

Transformer in less violent, kid-friendly? Feelings like the latest of Total Recall. 

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 06 September, 2013, 12:32:19 AM

TRAILER

Haha saw this comment in the YouTube link;

Robocop vs Dredd. I wonder how it is going to be.

Hawkmumbler

Goaty

COMMANDO FORCES

Don't listen to the Goat Monster, it's similar but not the original design in that still.