Main Menu

RoboCop - Murphy's Law

Started by JOE SOAP, 07 July, 2012, 10:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Plus the original had the really subtle sex scene.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

willthemightyW

I have certainly been given the impression that they'll emphasise that aspect. 

I certainly agree with you in that respect! Also very disappointed it's a car bombing!
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Steve Green

I'm more curious to see how it does at the Box Office compared to Dredd, particularly in light of all the string of larger budget casualties this summer.

JOE SOAP

No doubt RoboCop will have a ginormous amount of marketing to capitalise on the brand. I'm more interested in seeing how Riddick performs since another sci-fi film with a similar budget was released this time last year.

Goaty

I am try to remember what sci-fi film with a similar budget released this time last year...

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Goaty on 06 September, 2013, 11:40:24 PM
I am try to remember what sci-fi film with a similar budget released this time last year...

Looper.

JudgeE1M1RT

The trailer made it seem like the movie was going to look more into Murphys family life and deal more with him being human and trying to fight the robotic side rather than being robotic and trying to find his human side. Do not want.  :-[

radiator

Quote from: sauchie on 06 September, 2013, 06:24:38 PM

It doesn't really look crap, though. At worst, it looks a bit bland, but you all know you're going to watch it anyway.

Depends on reviews and word of mouth. I certainly avoid films that I hear bad things about, no matter how shiny the special effects look. Never seen any of the Transformers, AvP, Resident Evil or Underworld movies or the Total Recall remake, and never will. Life's too short.

Frank

Quote from: radiator on 08 September, 2013, 12:17:35 AM
Quote from: sauchie on 06 September, 2013, 06:24:38 PM
It doesn't really look crap, though. At worst, it looks a bit bland, but you all know you're going to watch it anyway.

Depends on reviews and word of mouth. I certainly avoid films that I hear bad things about, no matter how shiny the special effects look. Never seen any of the Transformers, AvP, Resident Evil or Underworld movies or the Total Recall remake, and never will. Life's too short.

You watched Man of Steel, mate. It was 57% on Rotten Tomatoes at the time, and I expect the Robocop reboot will receive a similarly equivocal reception from critics and from our peers. I doubt Robocop will be the film everyone's talking about, though, or the film which people who don't normally go to the pictures go to see - as Superman was this Summer - so it probably won't have the same unconscious draw.

radiator

Man of Steel actually got some pretty good reviews from sources I (no longer) respect.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: sauchie on 08 September, 2013, 08:33:29 AMI doubt Robocop will be the film everyone's talking about, though, or the film which people who don't normally go to the pictures go to see - as Superman was this Summer - so it probably won't have the same unconscious draw.

What it will have, though, is being released on 7th of February- the official month when nothing else is going on.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 September, 2013, 11:40:31 AM
Quote from: sauchie on 08 September, 2013, 08:33:29 AMI doubt Robocop will be the film everyone's talking about, though, or the film which people who don't normally go to the pictures go to see - as Superman was this Summer - so it probably won't have the same unconscious draw.

What it will have, though, is being released on 7th of February- the official month when nothing else is going on.

And it also comes after the period Red Letter Media have dubbed "Fuck You, It's January", when you get movies like:

You may quote me on that.

Goaty

Mabs

I wonder where his right hand is?!! ;D
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: JudgeE1M1RT on 07 September, 2013, 12:24:58 AMDo not want.  :-[
Me neither. It looks completely unappealing and generic to me. Especially the lead and how he's handling the situation. Seems to be missing much of what made the original special, and doesn't look very good as an original sci-fi action thriller in general. I don't plan on watching this one.