Main Menu

RoboCop - Murphy's Law

Started by JOE SOAP, 07 July, 2012, 10:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

I haven't got high hopes either.  The original one looked just how it was meant to look - a machine made using the last scraps of a man's mutilated body.  This new guy looks like a man in a shiny robot suit.
Like many remakes, it seems an utterly unnecessary exercise; other than the fact that it's going to squeeze as much money out of a recognised franchise as possible.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

NapalmKev

The original Robocop movie is pure gold, this remake however looks like a complete turd!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Mardroid

I actually think the suit looks a lot better than I originally thought when seeing those clips from the set some while back. The silver look wasn't far off the (excellent) original.

JamesC

While I doubt anyone is really making this film for art's sake I see no reason why it shouldn't be an enjoyable action film.
As others have said, I think the suit looks much better in action than I'd have expected from the set photos.

JayzusB.Christ

I've just noticed that Gary Oldman and Samuel L Jackson are in it (and is that the chap who played Rorschach too?), so that gives me a little bit of hope. 
Just watched the trailer of the original though, and remembered that it's pretty much untouchable.  Even the 80's power-synth title tune gives me shivers.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Ghost MacRoth

I feel the exact opposite of hope when I see the big name stars that are in it.  Mostly that would be due to the practice of bunging in a big star to your movie to draw the crowds cause your script is monkey poop.  Look at 'Oblivion', Morgan Freeman gets 2nd credit, but is in it for what...10 mins???  I get the feeling the 'stars' will be drop in characters that don't spend much time at all in the film.  I do hope I'm wrong, but I doubt the 'stars' element will save this film from being a turd.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 September, 2013, 09:07:04 AM
Just watched the trailer of the original though, and remembered that it's pretty much untouchable.  Even the 80's power-synth title tune gives me shivers.

I believe that's The Terminator theme in the RoboCop trailer.

RoboCop ditty.

JayzusB.Christ

Bloody hell, you're right.  How could I have mixed them up?  Amazing how one's memory chooses its own reality.  Was the Terminator one used in the actual Robocop trailer or did someone just tack it on for Youtube?
The real Robocop one is just as kick-ass mind you

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 September, 2013, 06:31:42 PM
Bloody hell, you're right.  How could I have mixed them up?  Amazing how one's memory chooses its own reality.  Was the Terminator one used in the actual Robocop trailer or did someone just tack it on for Youtube?
The real Robocop one is just as kick-ass mind you

That's the original trailer all right. The score probably wasn't finished or they just didn't bother using it.

Bubba Zebill

"...he could stare down Judge Dredd without flinching about stealing the idea."

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-signs-new-robocop-movie-might-be-terrible/#ixzz2fqpQ96qN
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Mabs

Lol. I think this is really funny!  :D

A big thanks to the creator of this awesome strip for letting me post it here!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Goaty

So agree with you, Mabs, if people think it fine - give them example of Total Recall!

Mabs

Quote from: Goaty on 25 September, 2013, 11:59:02 PM
So agree with you, Mabs, if people think it fine - give them example of Total Recall!

I still haven't watched the Total Recall remake yet! But judging by everyones reaction to the film it'll be a while before I do watch it. Maybe when its on Channel 5, more out of curiosity really!  :-[
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Mabs on 25 September, 2013, 11:22:10 PM

Lol. I think this is really funny!  :D

A big thanks to the creator of this awesome strip for letting me post it here!

It doesn't seem long since there were cartoons about Dredd doing this to the original Robocop.  In hindsight, I forgive the original Robocop everything.

willthemightyW

Well, good news. The human hand thing, not so human, it's flesh pulled over a metallic hand, kinda like peter wellers face was in the original, pulled over a robot head essentially, with a human brain (I think)

Will
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.