Main Menu

Favourite scenes from DREDD

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 27 September, 2012, 06:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 11 October, 2012, 08:43:11 AMSo someone from Rebellion telling you it IS Anderson doesn't count as confirmation?
Some quality cognitive dissonance going on here...

Said person also commented about Karl Urban being pissed about the suggestion that he walks like a woman, but nobody here is even debating the Judge walking. We know that's Anderson, only the Judge riding the bike is being debated. A confirmation from someone at Rebellion which is (no offence) at least slightly missing the point is hardly conclusive, take-it-to-the-bank, rock hard currency.

That waistline is not even vaguely close to Anderson. Assuming it was an even half credible stunt double one would expect at least a sightly closer body match. Bottom line, the figure on the bike looks like Dredd, and unlike Anderson. Assuming it's true that it's bad storytelling for this to be Dredd (a point I'm not entirely convinced of), surely it's even worse storytelling for Anderson to look exactly like Dredd, and nothing like Anderson.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 11 October, 2012, 08:43:11 AM
So someone from Rebellion telling you it IS Anderson doesn't count as confirmation?

Why would it? Unless someone who worked on the film has confirmed it for him, his opinion's only as valid as anyone else's.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 11 October, 2012, 06:36:18 PM
Assuming it's true that it's bad storytelling for this to be Dredd (a point I'm not entirely convinced of)

Yeah, it's not bad all. It's an illustrative montage over a monologue that wraps things up. Cutting between both characters as they leave makes perfect sense.

Goaty

Quote from: M.I.K. on 11 October, 2012, 06:41:20 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 11 October, 2012, 08:43:11 AM
So someone from Rebellion telling you it IS Anderson doesn't count as confirmation?

Why would it? Unless someone who worked on the film has confirmed it for him, his opinion's only as valid as anyone else's.

His word is his law.

Spikes

Best save this question for when Alex Garland comes back to the forum for a post-Dredd Q and A.
(Is Alex Garland coming back for a post-Dredd Q and A?)

Mark Taylor

Quote from: Judge Jack on 11 October, 2012, 06:46:39 PM
Best save this question for when Alex Garland comes back to the forum for a post-Dredd Q and A.
(Is Alex Garland coming back for a post-Dredd Q and A?)

See the thing is, we're not very good at simply waiting around here. If we were, there are several threads in this section of the forums that would only be about a hundredth of their actual size.

Richard

Does it matter?

What was your favourite scene in the film (other than the one discussed in the last five pages)?

Kanoobi

The very last bit when Dredd zooms off on his lawmaster! :)

Lol nah one of my favourite scenes was bath time for Ma-Ma, when she lifts up her arm in slow motion and glistening water droplets cascade out of the screen in lovely 3D together with the beautiful ambient music by Paul Leonard-Morgan. That and when Dredd throws the bad guy off over the balcony and casually walks back, and Ma-Ma looks very concerned for the first time :)

HunterZolomon

There are quite a few, how about this one:

Judge Anderson, watching MC-1 from the skateboard ramp at night. Beautiful scene, great atmosphere in that short break from all the carnage.

judge devs

Quote from: HunterZolomon on 16 October, 2012, 08:20:09 PM
There are quite a few, how about this one:

Judge Anderson, watching MC-1 from the skateboard ramp at night. Beautiful scene, great atmosphere in that short break from all the carnage.

I agree I loved that scene, another corker from Ms Thirlby. It was that one scene that really made me feel that it was in MC1 first time I watched it. I hadn't been all that taken on the MC1 exteriors until this part the first time I watched it. After that it all seemed to make more sense.

mididoctors

late comer to this thread...thought I would do a bit of thread resurrection

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 28 September, 2012, 07:57:01 PM
What's great about that scene in the lift is that it reverses the roles: now Dredd knows what she's thinking.

its one of the best scenes.... the lift scene after they leave Cathy's flat

sorry to use the meme thing but its applicable because he did see what she did there

you get the feeling he noticed the photo of the headshot husband as well...  don't you..... nobody says anything in that scene

the way its intercut with the lift shaft motif works so well

I suppose the entire sequence from the shooting through cathy's flat to the lift is a straight version of the Austin powers "henchman are real people" troupe... it also subverts the entire premise some lazy reviewers have of this film as some sort of pro war on drugs vehicle...

2 others scenes blew my mind on first viewing

the obvious slo-mo den scene and a odd one this... ma ma's tech geek computer screen is 3D

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Danbo

The lawmaster chase and the school room interigation/ headbutt.love it!i would go so far as to say they were my fave scenes from any film last year including the big green hulkster
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Beadle68

The lawmaster chase(wanted more of this, the sound of that bike in the cinema made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up).The interogation scene.The meaner he is the more I love the character.