Started by Daveycandlish, 19 October, 2012, 07:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

Are you keeping count?

Two more days to Halloween, Halloween, Halloween
Two more days to Halloween
AAIIEEE!!! is coming...

The Glubbleblugg by Matthew McLaughlin and Conor Boyle
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Daveycandlish

What's that scratching at the coffin lid? It's very close...

ONE more day to Halloween, Halloween, Halloween
One more day to Halloween
AAIIEEE!!! is near...

The Ice Cream Man
by Dirk Van Dom and Conor Boyle
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Daveycandlish

It's alive! ALIVE!!

http://youtu.be/xos2MnVxe-c

Here's our cover star, The Major, by Tom Proudfoot and George Coleman.

We have a special launch discount if you buy this for Halloween

Digital and paper editions are available from http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/PARAGONcomic from only 99p!

Go on, treat yourself!!

El Chivo

Some nice stuff in here Davey
Top work all

Chi

Daveycandlish

Thanks Chi :)

Don't forget folks - that discount ends today - go and download your copy for less than a quid.

Quick heads up for all contributors I know some of you have not had direct contact with me over this - can you all let me know your email addresses and I'll send everyone involved a copy of the e-edition this weekend (sorry I can't afford paper copies due to the shear number of contributors!)

Daveycandlish

I've just received my copy in the post this morning and it looks bloody fantastic - I urge you all to go and buy one.

If you don't want to use lulu.com (for whatever reason) but would still like a copy, just PM me and we'll arrange something. ;)

Daveycandlish

If you prefer paypal to using lulu, here's a link

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=5P3TUA6EQBKQC

but please allow at least a week for delivery - I promise the wait will be worth it!

What do those who've read it think?

Van Dom

Received my contributors copy, thanks Davey. However a quick flick through proves it is too good to be read online so Ill be ordering a paper copy instead. Looks like some brilliant content. Nice work putting it all together.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

maryanddavid

Ive ordered a print copy too, I'm not a great one for reading on screen but I have had a flick through and it really looks great,  the art is brilliant!

Neil McClements

Another little sneaky cropped look at AAIIEEE!! To accompany a very in-depth article by David McDonald talking to Ian Rimmer about Scream, Uncle Terry.

Simud

Got my contributors copy. Read it all through. Should I say I didn't expect this quality? Terrific job you've done guys. I just hope you can keep the beast alive for as many issues as possible.

mygrimmbrother

Cracking Uncle Terry there Archie!

Alski

Great stuff - very creative stories backed up by clear, detailed art.

What's not to like? I heartily reccommend this to everyone.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

TordelBack

Copy arrived today from an overly-generous Mr. Candlish.  Serious quality cover to shiny cover.  I've only read a couple of the stories so far, and part of the excellent Scream interview, but this really is remarkably good - and plenty of it! 

Of what I have read so far, Proudhuff and George Coleman's Major Weir is both a compelling modern tale and a brilliant evocation of 80's comics.  I really hope there will be more of this, and soon - it's excellent.

Van Dom and Conor Boyle's Basking Robin is also superb - more than progworthy, this is as good a a 4-page Terror Tale as I've ever read, from great concept to execrable puns.  Conor also scores another artistic hit with some lovely design in LocustsofDeath's chucklesome Glubbleblugg.

Once the sprogs are abed, I'll be settling down with a glass of homebrew for a full indulgent read.  Many thanks Davey, and congratulations on a great new comic!