Main Menu

Stuff you really should love, but just don't...

Started by mygrimmbrother, 19 October, 2012, 03:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

League of Gentlemen. Sub-par python.

Fringe. Gave up when the eyeballs of the dead recorded the last thing a person saw.

Call of Duty. And most games set in WW2 (that would be all such games, but I haven't played them all)

Star Trek. Poo-faced and condescending.
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Then there's the stuff I really love but just shouldn't:

Tinned potato sandwiches.

Roxette.

Thomas the Tank Engine.
Lock up your spoons!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 19 October, 2012, 07:36:16 PM

I recognize all three of those words, but they just don't make any sense when put together
You may quote me on that.

JayzusB.Christ

The Matrix.
The programme Noel Fielding did after the Mighty Boosh, whatever it was called.
The Doors.
Much of David Bowie's 70s Ziggy Stardust stuff (I prefer his 80s stuff).
Most fruit.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Spikes

Quote from: radiator on 19 October, 2012, 04:07:03 PM
Moon, as in the Duncan Jones film.

Finally got round to watching it recently and gave up after 40mins, just found it mind-numbingly boring, and a bit silly.

Nowt spesh, was it.

Slaine - even when Mick McMahon was drawing it.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: pops1983 on 19 October, 2012, 07:39:11 PM

I recognize all three of those words, but they just don't make any sense when put together

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it
Lock up your spoons!

Frank

Only two types of carbohydrate in the one snack? I thought you were Scottish? Rice and chips from the local chinese takeaway isn't the same unless you stick the lot of it between two pan bread outsiders. M-m-m-m, starch.

Professor Bear

Fry a couple of farls and use those instead of bread - then maybe we'll talk.

Spicy Biscuit

I've tried on several accounts to try and find anything I enjoy about Radiohead. The music itself is pretty swell but the moment Thom opens his mouth I grit my teeth. On that note I cannot stand the vast majority of Post Rock (or similar sounding) music. Despite the fact that two of my favourite bands derive from that genre.

I'll have to agree with Byah on the wine as well.

And to top it off, even though I enjoy the series, I think George Martin is overrated.

Spikes

The thing with Thom Yorke, is that he has an amazing voice, but he nearly always sings in that dreadful monotone.
Cant beat the Bends, though.

Never really cared for the Beatles, whilst were on the subject of music.

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Dandontdare

Yes yes yes on Radiohead, but I'm afraid Albion is dead to me.

But my vote is for Velvet Underground/Lou Reed - I love everything before/after/around/influenced by this coolest of bands, but their actual music does nothing for me, apart from Venus in Furs, which is so cool.

Charlie boy

TordelBack

Quote from: Albion on 19 October, 2012, 10:19:04 PM
Bob Dylan

:o  Where's that 'Ignore' button...

Comedy televangelists and illiterate procrastinators I can tolerate, even embrace, but this forum is no place to be exposed to people who don't like Dylan, especially when they know that they should.

Albion

I love all sorts of music, except for dance and country, and believe me I have tried but I just don't like Bob Dylan.
I like artists who have been influenced by him, I like covers of his song by other artists, but I just don't like Dylan.
I have a very good friend who has worshipped at the altar of Dylan for over 40 years and has tried to get me to see his his genius. I have listened to his work but I just don't like Bob Dylan.

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.