Main Menu

Any old 2000AD stories / characters you missed?

Started by Goaty, 03 December, 2012, 03:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

I really miss Shakara! As been enjoy re-reading all collections of Shakara :(
Of course I miss Nikolai Dante as well.

And I would like to see more of Caballistics, Inc.

SmallBlueThing

Slaine. How many moons has it been since the last one? I thought it too many, anyway. And still no word as to who's replacing Langley! The Celtic Barbarian's millions of fans across Europe are getting concerned...

SBT

Alski

If I could bring any back...

Ace Trucking Co

D.R & Quinch
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Greg M.

Nemesis the Warlock. Not that I want to see Nemesis resurrected as a strip but I miss there being something in that style (as Shakara also was) - big, mad, operatic, crazy-looking-alien-filled intergalactic lunacy (with an edge.)

COMMANDO FORCES

James Stacey

Nemesis for me too. Nemesis and Torque should stay dead and buried but Mr Flint on Deadlock really gave me that old skool Nemesis buzz and should have a book 2 comissioned straight away.

Frank

It's time Tharg started pissing off the Smith/Morrison/Milligan/Millar generation by letting younger writers reboot or retool their original creations, just as they did in their time.

It would be karmic retribution to let Si Spurrier rewrite the word balloons of an unpublished Tyranny Rex strip, portraying the character as a flatulent, lecherous Northerner who takes the pish out of all the pretentious random wierdness going on around her and comments on how nothing makes any bloody sense. Edgington and Culbard could reinvent Babe Race 2000 as a feminist parable following a group of sensitive adolescents friends' journey toward adulthood on a Summer road trip which will change their lives forever.

On a more practical note, a Bad Company reboot (with the creators donating their royalties to Brett Ewins) would get my vote.

Spikes

Frank

Quote from: Judge Jack on 03 December, 2012, 06:05:53 PM
Harry 20.

John Smith to reinvent it as a Midnight Express-style tale of love behind bars. Genghis already has the Freddie Mercury moustache.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: James Stacey on 03 December, 2012, 04:55:45 PM
Nemesis for me too. Nemesis and Torque should stay dead and buried but Mr Flint on Deadlock really gave me that old skool Nemesis buzz and should have a book 2 comissioned straight away.

YES. I miss Termight - it's criminal for a world with such story potential and such a strong design aesthetic to have had so little relative use. The only Tooth worlds I can think of with that same kind of limitless possibility are the Big Meg, Nu Earth and maybe Dante's Russia.

On that note - yeah, I miss the Russian Rogue already (wouldn't actually want him back, though).

Also Defoe - and I know it's returning soon-ish, but it's one of my favourite EVER Tooth strips and it's been away far too long. They may not have managed much of a page count yet but I feel as invested in the story of Titus's undesirables as I do Dredd's gang or the ABCs.

Likewise Absalom - surely a testament to the creative team that I'm already pining to see it back so soon.

Indigo Prime - Smith and Bagwell better be working on more of this RIGHT NOW.

There aren't many others though. Would I like to see a future war strip in the style of Bad Company, or a comedy strip in the style of DR and Quinch, for instance? You bet I would, but that doesn't mean I want the actual Bad Company or DR and Quinch back. On the whole those older strips all feel 'done'; that they've generally all been and gone and had their time and should be left alone.
@jamesfeistdraws

hippynumber1

Kingdom! Good old Gene dog... I miss the little fella.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I think I want back the stories that didn't come to a definite end. That rules out Nemesis or Harry 20. But it leaves other gems, such as:

Zenith . Although, legal issues aside, he's perhaps a product of his time.

Luke Kirby
. This could have been our Harry Potter and I've never understood why this story fizzled out. The magician coming of age is a timelss trope and one underlooked in comics. Yet it fits 2000ad perfectly.

Glimmer Rats. I like future war, and this is the second best the prog has ever seen if you ask me. The best, by the way, was Bad Company but that reached a natural conclusion.

Kingdom. More recent, but I fear this take on the apocalypse will never be finished as its creators wander off to bigger and better and leave the Squaxx behind.

Caballistics, Inc. See Kingdom, above.

Synnanmon. I liked it, okay? I'd rather more of this than Zaucer of Zilk.

EDIT: Any bring back Alan Ridgeway art.

Lock up your spoons!

Goaty

OH I love Glimmer Rats!

Sadly the progs it's featured in got damage by roof leak, and cant find any re-prints, hope it will happens in Meg in future....