Main Menu

Dredd is the number 1 DVD/Blu Ray!!

Started by chuffsteruk, 22 January, 2013, 01:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

I was told HMV Cardiff could of sold 4x the stock on launch day had they had it.

radiator

Quote from: James Stacey on 29 January, 2013, 10:45:30 AM
I was told HMV Cardiff could of sold 4x the stock on launch day had they had it.

I don't know if that's good or bad...

I suppose good - so long as those people who missed out went on to buy a copy elsewhere...

Dandontdare

I looked in a couple of DVD shops at the weekend and it seems to have dropped out of the charts altogether - at least it wasn't featured on the chart racks (or anywhere else I could see). Perhaps these tales of it selling out everywhere is down to limited supply rather than massive sales?

radiator

QuotePerhaps these tales of it selling out everywhere is down to limited supply rather than massive sales?

There is almost certainly an element of that (though it did OK in the UK compared to the US, so you'd think they'd have ordered more stock).

However, the Blu Ray is still hanging in there at no.2 in the Amazon top ten, so that indicates that it's still doing alright. And it's still at no.13 on Amazon US on the Blu Ray top 10, some three weeks after release.

Michaelvk

Due for release here in SA next week.. Suspense is killing me. Everyone I've spoken to is planning on buying it.. Not sure if my holding a knife to their throat had anything to do with it..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

James Stacey

Quote from: Michaelvk on 29 January, 2013, 01:29:44 PM
Not sure if my holding a knife to their throat had anything to do with it..
Getting back into the Cape Town way of living I see  :D

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: James Stacey on 29 January, 2013, 01:33:46 PM

Ha!  He picked that up down Cardiff Bay!

Michaelvk

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 30 January, 2013, 01:41:52 AM
Quote from: James Stacey on 29 January, 2013, 01:33:46 PM

Ha!  He picked that up down Cardiff Bay!

Perfected in the bay, rather..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

James

I 'Tharg's Street Team'ed Dredd in Tesco today, spreading multiple copies all over other DVDs.

Do your bit!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: James on 30 January, 2013, 02:42:47 PM
I 'Tharg's Street Team'ed Dredd in Tesco today, spreading multiple copies all over other DVDs.

Would that not make it look like it's not selling?

Steve Green

Just plaster a number 2 over half of them and pretend they're sequels.

Noisybast

Won't that cause confusion when the real sequel is announced next month?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Steve Green

You're right, maybe a 'Now a major HBO mini-series' label instead.

sharkeyfinn

i went to cinema to see it,i got the blu ray the day it came out, ive posted on fb for everyone to at least rent it,and even loaned my copy to a work mate who was dubious about the film,but came back and loved it. i still havent done enough to get this exellent film noticed by the masses to prompt a sequel,but im gonna do my best.  ;-)

Stan

ASDA put it on roll back even though these are the prices it started with. Makes it look like they're tryin'a get rid!