Main Menu

Dredd Wedding!

Started by thejudgemuffin, 27 January, 2013, 03:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejudgemuffin

Ok, we didn't go full geek out (ie dressing up) but I got married on 1st December and we had quite a few Judge Dredd references throughout the day. As you may know I was the guy who went on the plinth dressed as Dredd so yeah, bit if a fan....anyway this was how our day was influences:

1/ Vows...and I quote "When we are together no-one can judge us, when we are together we have nothing to dread" (it even got a laugh)

2/ Balloon people - We had a bride and groom made of balloons and as a special request the modeller made an inflatable Judge helmet, propped under the grooms arm, available to wear (pic attached)

3/ The cake...well it speaks for itself, my new mother in law is a cake maker, and boy did she make a cake!!! (pic attached)

and the day was made even more perfect by the fact that after the ceremony my wife revealed another surprise...the last issue of Trifecta had been delivered that morning before she left the house so she had brought it with her...(Airplane/Honeymoon reading a go go)...Anyway just thought I would share :)

Buttonman

Many congratulations - loving that Helmet. Dredd and Piglet team up? I'd buy that for a dollar!

COMMANDO FORCES

Congratulations and give me that Death balloon helmet :lol:

By the way I texted you on the plinth, especially when you took the helmet off and you read it out, good work!

Buttonman

I texted the police advising of a jimping in progress but they were strangely reluctant to take action. It's political correctness gone mad!

Zarjazzer

That's great stuff and congratulations.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Molch-R

Trout

Quote from: Molch-R on 27 January, 2013, 07:44:51 PM
Heh, nice one ;)

One of you needs to submit it here:

http://roflrazzi.cheezburger.com/wedinator

Just a suggestion, oh god of PR.  ;)

PS: Big congrats!

Dandontdare

Congratulations!

She's got a good Dredd scowl going there - let's hope you don't see that too often in the coming years!

Andrew_J

Congratulations to the newly weds! The bride looks both lovely and authoritative. Fair play to you for getting her to agree to it.
Much better than my Ace Garp themed wedding.

von Boom

Proudhuff

Quote from: Buttonman on 27 January, 2013, 03:30:03 PM
- loving that Helmet.

Wrong thread Butt'man  ;)

Welldone the happy couple, start as you mean to go on, getting the Prog brought to you!
DDT did a job on me

Gavin_Leahy_Block

thejudgemuffin

well to be fair if you're gonna have the best day of your life why not bring the big guy along with you...haha  Thanks all for your best wishes...the Mrs has even become a 2000ad fan reading the full day of chaos and trifecta storyline (although she needed some of the simping detective 'translating' for her)

Yup looks like Wedinator will get some contributions soon :)

love you guys..I might not be a regular contributor but I am a regular reader..

thejudgemuffin