Main Menu

FEBRUARY ART COMP - 2000AD MASTERPIECES

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 February, 2013, 04:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

From last month's amazing feller Jon

The Venus Bluegenes de Milo, Da Vinci's jumpsuited Betelgeusian man, the Halo Lisa - these are well-known pieces of classical art. BUT JUST IMAGINE if 2000ad characters had been inserted into them - classical sculptures, paintings or just famous art but ZARJAZZIFIED.

Rules be yon:

- You can have as many entries as you want but bear in mind it'll split your vote so IT MAY NOT BE WORTH IT.
- No entries from anything you've done previously - they have to been drawn SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS
- There WILL BE PRIZES. ACTUAL PRIZES. For the first prize winner and for "Tharg's choice" so there's all to play for - !

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 24th OF FEBRUARY WHEN WE SHALL UNLEASH THE VOTING PYTHON

LARF

Jon

.....yeah....but you shoulda heard the first idea....

Daveycandlish

I've got an idea for this already!

Best crack on with it before someone else comes up with the same one...
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Rio De Fideldo

Is it my imagination or has this been set as a competition theme before?

Albion

Quote from: Richard T Field on 02 February, 2013, 03:40:14 PM

Yes it has  (I did Tharg in The Scream by Edvard Munch) but it's worth a revisit with some new boarders here and hopefully it will attract as many entries as the zombie one.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Dark Jimbo

Have some sympathy, Squire! These comps have been running most months since summer of 2006, so there's bound to be the odd repeated theme!
@jamesfeistdraws

Jon

Yeah, sorry, my bad. I've only been involved for a year or so, and consequently wasn't really aware of everything that's gone before.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Jon on 02 February, 2013, 06:01:36 PM

Yeah, sorry, my bad. I've only been involved for a year or so, and consequently wasn't really aware of everything that's gone before.

Ach don't worry!
The only reason I remembered is because I entered the last one wit an idea based on the same painting as DaveyC used..!

Daveycandlish

Ah bum hoots - I thought I was being original  :-\

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 02 February, 2013, 06:10:12 PM
Ah bum hoots - I thought I was being original  :-\

Well, yours is a LOT better, being a proper picture and not a shoddy bit of photoshop as mine was..!

WhitBloke

Shoddy?  Did somebody mention shoddy?  That would be my cue, I think.
Not so much 'classical' as one of those classic Soviet propaganda posters I've a fondness for but I just couldn't resist this one, though it might go walkies if I can manage to make my 'better' idea look less... well, stultifyingly crappy, actually...  and wind up getting submitted as a replacing entry.

After:
So this is der place then, Johnny?

simontm

I uncovered this colour prelim of The Birth of Dirty Frank in Botticelli Block and expect to find the full canvas sometime next week.

:D