Main Menu

London Film & Comic Con 5/6/7th July 2013

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 05 February, 2013, 02:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Beigh

Barring any last minute hiccups, me and my lad should be in attendance Saturday morning and seeking a photo op with Judge Burdis and pals. :)

COMMANDO FORCES

We look forward to seeing you, just make yourself known. When I was at a con the other day, my wife's boss and his son had their photo's taken with me. My missus thought it was hilarious when it cropped up at her workplace, as they never knew who I was, even with the same name on the badge!
Obviously she did say, that was my husband :lol:

COMMANDO FORCES

So is anyone else from the forum popping along to this event next week?

Albion

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 30 June, 2013, 04:53:53 PM
So is anyone else from the forum popping along to this event next week?

Sadly no. I will be in London but I will be at the American Beer Festival at the White Horse, Parsons Green. I'd promised a friend I would go and then the dates clashed.
Oh well.......BEER!  :D
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Steve Green

It is virtually next door... well within staggering distance...

nicklambo

Do we know which Judges will be attending Sunday....

COMMANDO FORCES

Moi, Judge Pal, Judge Lemmy and Judge Court.
Alas Judge Anderson is Saturday only folks! The other male Judge I know not.

There are a few 2012 Judges including Judge Labelle at the con as well.

Steve Green

Yeah, the other Judge will be sat only as well, as Steve S is only down for that day, and taking the costumes back with him.

So 6 Comic Judges on Sat, 4 on Sun presumably + any other judges.

Michaelvk

Herself and I will be there on Saturday.. Buying tickets at the door, though..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Steve Green

The last one did have a big queue but it seemed to move quite briskly - less painful than the ones at Excel anyway.

COMMANDO FORCES

Simon Beigh

Just got back in after a morning at the London Comic Con. Firstly, gutted we couldn't find Judge Burdis. Me and the boy looked everywhere. You couldn't move for stormtroopers and very large gents dressed as Anakin Skywalker, but no judges in sight  :(

We did, however, get to have a good chat with art droids Chris Weston and Kev Hopgood. Chris was very complimentary on my sons art that he showed him and has asked that he be sent pictures of more when he finishes it. He was a proper gent. Kev is a thoroughly nice bloke, and was somewhat swamped by the queue for David Lloyd - so if you are heading down later today or tomorrow, make sure you don't miss him! He has had a clear out and is selling loads of prelims. Big mistake we made was to look at the David Lloyd queue and decide to come back later. Doh! It just kept getting longer! So I didn't get my V For Vendetta signed...

Loads of great stalls, although very few selling comics and none I saw selling books. If you like your Lego, there was a couple of guys selling some older Star Wars and other character sets at fairly reasonable prices. They also had the minifigs in packets. When my son asked for one, they asked him what character he wanted and then, by feel, found him it in the sealed packet! Still charged him only £2 for each one! Great service! If you want a vinyl floor with an image of your favourite comic page, seek out Tufts Flooring and Alien Couture had loads of great character handbags and cushions (£15 a cushion is a great price for retro 80s Sci Fi chic I'm told!)

We were done by 11.15 as my son had had enough, and on the way to catch the 74 bus, saw that the queue outside was enormous! Snaked all the way round Earls Court. It was definitely best to get there early and pay extra for the tickets.

If you do decide to head down there, hope you enjoy yourselves!

Zarjazzer

I just saw some Judges I recognise on Sky news (of all things) trying to get a link but it doesn't want to work the item featured David Hasselhoff as well plugging his comic book!
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

COMMANDO FORCES

The 6 Planet Replicas Judges were swamped all the time with beating requests!
Wait till you see the pics later with Ma Ma, that's unless you are on Facebook. Another awesome day in the life of a Dredd fan :D

Steve Green

Yep, there's a report on the sky news site with Burdis, Lemmy, Pal, Court and Anderson arresting a perp.