Main Menu

Prog 1821: 36 Zarjaz Years

Started by JamesC, 23 February, 2013, 12:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: JUDGE BURNS on 24 February, 2013, 12:44:20 PM
Couldn't get online yesterday to comment about the latest prog, so here goes. What a surprise theres a letters page this week . My letter got printed !!!!!   :D   

So can you confirm or deny Buttonman's speculation surrounding your origins and your apparent ignorance of the tits and eco-politics version Flesh? The Beast awaits your response:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,36119.msg746269/topicseen.html#msg746269

Fisticuffs

Quote from: McNulty on 23 February, 2013, 11:00:46 PM
I can't say I agree with the chief Judge's solution to the current Sov citizen problem. [spoiler]You start sending people away just because of their ancestry and its a slippery slope. Who would be next? Those with Sino ancestry? Hondo ancestry? Cal-Hab ancestry? And what about the colonies in space, why can't they send help and food to Mega-City One? There has to be a better way than this to get some food.[/spoiler]

I don't know which Justice Department you're talking about, but it can't be the quasi-fascist dictatorship dishing out summary executions willy-nilly that everyone else is reading about. MegaCity 1 is a cruel place, and the Judges are often far from being the good guys, this plan of Hersheys is perfectly fitting.

Thought the prog was great, loved the chunky looking H Wagon in Dredd halfway in, and thought the Jeremy Paxman lookalike was pretty funny.  :D

Steve Green

I think it's been a great couple of progs, shame Stront has paused again though.

Really enjoying Ampney Crucis in the alternate universe, and really enjoying the Dredd story.

johnnystress

Dredd story is very good and I reallly like the art. But Hershey looks like 16 year old girl

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 23 February, 2013, 11:44:19 PM
Quote from: McNulty on 23 February, 2013, 11:00:46 PM
I can't say I agree with the Chief Judge's solution to the current Sov citizen problem. [spoiler]You start sending people away just because of their ancestry and its a slippery slope. Who would be next? Those with Sino ancestry? Hondo ancestry? Cal-Hab ancestry?[/spoiler]

Next thing you know they'll be operating a 'genetic purity' kick and excluding anyone defined as a mutant from the city...

Yeah it is a Judge Dredd strip after all where things happen you may not agree with. It's better than committing genocide by wiping out an entire city like they did last time to innocent Sovs. Justice Dept. is learning.

Proudhuff

That's a great burdday cover, I can see it becoming a Rebellion motif of sorts.

Droid life enjoyable as usual and Damage Report!! oh the dramas that happen in that little para that seem to pass by this board...

Dredd:
Given the debate over on last week's thread and the ongoing cleavage count, I'll just say: I really like Mr Currie's artwork, the nods and winks to popular culture: Paulie, Paxman, Bubbles from the Wire(?), the tats, and who is that guy stuffing his face on the bus and looking right at us?

I love Mr Currie's space ships, spinners and flyers, the characters in every crowd show how talented he is, as do his action shots, and he does draw regular wimmin very well. So it's a minor complaint but Hershey shouldn't  look like a wide-eyed twelve year old, she's just managed MC1 through its worse disaster and that after a life judging the mean streets, so that's a mis-step, the cleavage count could go down but hey ease up guys he's a great addition to the 2K stable.

Savage: After all my moaning about this I'm enjoying it now, artwork top notch

Crucis: This just gets better and better, I haven't got the wall space and postit notes to figure out the Edgintonverse but looking forward to the link up reveals. artwork top notch

Red Knees; Yeah! Enjoying this too... but pleeeease not another epic battle  :D

Stonty Dug:  Ha! Bolt1 you must be well chuffed with that final page ...one for the wall, I can't see how JW is going to take this forward looks like genocide either way, bring the final saga on!!

and A letters page but no word from Butt'man? hope he's not out de-pedding Paisley
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Quote from: Proudhuff on 27 February, 2013, 10:43:08 AM
Droid life enjoyable as usual and Damage Report!! oh the dramas that happen in that little para that seem to pass by this board...

That's because it's printed in grey in teeny tiny print that I can't make out, even with me good specs on!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dandontdare on 27 February, 2013, 10:51:31 AM

That's because it's printed in grey in teeny tiny print that I can't make out, even with me good specs on!

You mean you haven't been following the thrills and spills in the Nerve Centre? each week is a rollercoaster!!
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Yeah I also gave up on it a while ago. It never seemed to hold anything too interesting and was often cryptic.

Eamonn Clarke

Dredd:
Given the debate over on last week's thread and the ongoing cleavage count, I'll just say: I really like Mr Currie's artwork, the nods and winks to popular culture: Paulie, Paxman, Bubbles from the Wire(?), the tats, and who is that guy stuffing his face on the bus and looking right at us?

Who is Paulie, and was Bubs on the bus?

Spikes

Snagged a copy of 1821 at dinner today (is it me, or is the prog available in more places of late? It wasnt that long ago it was the devil's own job to find a copy).

Wasnt that fussed about the Bolland cover when i saw it online, but up close i think its wonderful. Top stuff.
And again ive really enjoyed Dredd - the story, and the art. Hershey has deffo turned into Jessie J, though..

Grand stuff so far, reading the rest after tea.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 27 February, 2013, 04:01:18 PM

Who is Paulie...

Who is Paulie, who is Paulie! Only one of the all time great TV characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lUPPDqanuw

(the language is a bit fresh in that linkie by the way)

Proudhuff

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 27 February, 2013, 04:01:18 PM

Dredd:

Who is Paulie, and was Bubs on the bus?
hey boom badabing, whatcha goina do wid dees guys huh?

I thought it could be Bub on the bus, but might just be wishful thinking   :D
DDT did a job on me

Mabs

That cameo by Jeremy Paxman was hilarious! :lol:
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Mabs

You Volgan bastards better stay the hell away from Tower Hamlets!  >:(
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie