Main Menu

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 12 May, 2013, 10:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dracula1

If anything this new series loved and hated in equal measures on our forum is getting us talking.

Proudhuff

I've forgot what FRiday's episode was about... which about sums things up.
DDT did a job on me

CrazyFoxMachine

JohnMcF

JamesC

Quote from: JohnMcF on 18 November, 2013, 10:33:02 AM
A WMD in Madeupistan.

I'm still enjoying this show - it's good light-hearted fun.
As for Sky's parentage, I'm guessing it's going to be a super villain of some description - maybe someone like Viper?

I wouldn't discount Black Widow entirely though. Despite the ages of the actresses they could easily get away with saying BW is mid thirties while Sky is 19-20 (going by castings in other US TV shows).

Recrewt

You know what?  I caught this last episode and bloomin well loved it.  Yeah, it was corny and you could see where it was going but I laughed loads through it - I laughed when the hacker girl was not allowed in the hub, laughed when the english girl was trying to hack the panel and stunned that bloke and laughed when the lab geek went on the mission and kicked that bloke in the head.

It's not too clever and there are some issues with it but I have realised that I keep tuning in every Friday and at least it means I don't have to watch something like Coronation Street. :thumbsup:

As for Coulson, my money is on him being an alien cyborg from a future alternate dimension.  Beat that!

von Boom

It will be revealed this week that Coulson is now one of the Kursed as part of the Dark World tie in.

Proudhuff

Quote from: JohnMcF on 18 November, 2013, 10:33:02 AM
A WMD in Madeupistan.

oh yeah, member it now, Jock and Mr Plank go on a field trip, English rose wimpers
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Proudhuff on 18 November, 2013, 03:36:45 PM
oh yeah, member it now, Jock and Mr Plank go on a field trip, English rose wimpers

So, presumably, somebody is tying you to a chair and holding your eyes open while it's on?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

no, I live in hope, not of the chair thing, but that it will deliver. However this seems to be receeding faster than Phil Collins hairline.

There is so much there, and if rearranged in the correct way would make it a cracking series.
DDT did a job on me

dracula1

Only two more sleeps till episode 8-)

Professor Bear

My favorite part of the last episode was the fact that they couldn't afford a matte effect, which is something that media students knock out in their lunch hour, so they had a big cgi effect of their plane hovering - which I don't recall it doing in the series before - in one shot, and then it cuts to stunt actors being blown with hairdryers in another shot.  Within the context of the fiction, it does raise the question why guards stop and wait to be blown over by a plane rather than shooting at it before or after they've been knocked over, or why moving the engines to a different angle doesn't make the plane move in the opposite direction like in that thing in school they teach to children - fizziks I think it was called - or why two people laying in the middle of a road side by side waiting to grab onto traffic as it drives over them might be a bad idea, or why an EMP just turns the electric off rather than destroys electrical equipment entirely, etc...

IndigoPrime

In an alternate universe version, the two 'heroes' had their arms ripped off my that road stunt and bled to death. Annoying English scientist then hurled herself out of the plane, but there was no-one there to go after her this time. That left the three somewhat bearable characters on the plane, and they all went to Tahiti for a holiday.

The end.

dracula1

Some of you guys take a bit of fun light entertainment far to seriously. There's another thread for serious debate about the size of Dredds helmet in the movie.

Professor Bear

What happened to "getting us talking"?