Main Menu

Karl Urban in new futuristic Cop show?

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 01 June, 2013, 03:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Latest episode (one of a two parter) opens up with a city shot that shows a massive wall separating two parts of the city, one side looks very nice but the other, not so. It get's more like a certain city every day!

There's some nice action sequences and fights during this episode, with a few funny bits thrown in as well. One part made me groan, with the [spoiler]grenade, as you can't just pull the pin like that. You have to prep it otherwise the pin could fall out with the slightest tug[/spoiler] but apart from that, I enjoyed it.

By the way, there's a gratuitous sexy underwear sequence :thumbsup:

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Pete Wells

It's great that you find that so amusing, I really like the show and will be pretty sad if it gets cancelled.

This weeks' was a great episode, I really enjoyed the set up and ended up screaming at my telly at the mention of 'the wall.' This easily could have been a Dredd strip, even the bit at the start with the school kids was classic Dredd, I expected one of them to grass up his Ma!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Pete Wells on 09 February, 2014, 10:38:02 PM
It's great that you find that so amusing, I really like the show and will be pretty sad if it gets cancelled.

I agree. It's perfectly entertaining and seems to have found its feet fairly quickly — I wouldn't have minded seeing it engage a bit more cerebrally with some of the issues it skates over... free will, expendability, sex bots* but when/if it goes, it'll be one less genre show on TV and one more SF project that Fox cancelled halfway through its first season. Neither of these are good things, IMO.

Cheers

Jim

*That one's a minefield, given how much of the sexual behaviour that is legislated against stems from ideas of harm or lack of consent, although I can see how a prime-time network TV show might not want to tackle the question of "is it really paedophilia if your sexbot looks like a child?"...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Beeks

Sounds like Alien Nation in different clothes
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Dunk!

I think the one where they solved the crime due to a woman being in communication with the dead witnesses - no real world explanation given except Psychic ability and of course the spirits of the dead that surround us - had me giving up.

Shame for Karl Urban as he seems like a good bloke.
"Trust we"

Batman's Superior Cousin

This weeks' was a great episode, I really enjoyed the set up and ended up screaming at my telly at the mention of 'the wall.' This easily could have been a Dredd strip, even the bit at the start with the school kids was classic Dredd, I expected one of them to grass up his Ma!
[/quote]

1) How on Earth do you know my name, and would you please refrain from mentioning it in future!!!

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 10 February, 2014, 09:37:50 AM
Quote from: Pete Wells on 09 February, 2014, 10:38:02 PM
It's great that you find that so amusing xxxxxx, I really like the show and will be pretty sad if it gets cancelled.

I agree. It's perfectly entertaining and seems to have found its feet fairly quickly — I wouldn't have minded seeing it engage a bit more cerebrally with some of the issues it skates over... free will, expendability, sex bots* but when/if it goes, it'll be one less genre show on TV and one more SF project that Fox cancelled halfway through its first season. Neither of these are good things, IMO.

Cheers

Jim

*That one's a minefield, given how much of the sexual behaviour that is legislated against stems from ideas of harm or lack of consent, although I can see how a prime-time network TV show might not want to tackle the question of "is it really paedophilia if your sexbot looks like a child?"...

2) Apologises but I've not seen it (what channel it's on), but from what I can gather from other forums, it doesn't have many fans!!!
3) I found it mildly amusing, due to the fact that it may not be broadcast worldwide, particularly in Britain, and yet is getting cancelled!!
That's all
Batman's Superior Cousin
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Goaty

Shamed, But looking forward to see it in any UK channel or Netflix.

Don't know why someone find it funny that it got cancelled if hadn't watch it.

People on here been see it and enjoy it so that good reason I want to watch it and listen to other forums. :)

Pete Wells

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 10 February, 2014, 03:16:17 PM
1) How on Earth do you know my name, and would you please refrain from mentioning it in future!!!
Batman's Superior Cousin

Because I'm Facebook friends with you, you plum!

As for your other points Mr Batman's Superior Cousin, it seems most people on THIS forum seem to quite like the show. It's kinda in our best interests that Karl Urban is successful so if we ever do get a Dredd sequel, more people might go and see it if he is a bigger name.

Sorry if I seemed touchy, but your "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol: " comment just seemed a bit crass, especially as you don't even watch the show.

I hope this reply doesn't sound arsey, as I certainly didn't mean it to.

GordonR

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 10 February, 2014, 03:16:17 PM

1) How on Earth do you know my name, and would you please refrain from mentioning it again!

He knows your name, David, because you're friends with him on Facebook.

If you want to be some kind of man of mystery, then don't link up with people here on social networkng sites?

Batman's Superior Cousin

1) I'm laughing because I wanted to see it on TV, and the fact that it's getting cancelled means that I'll never see it on Telly 'cause none of the British channels won't bloody well pick it up (This "InSyndicate" arc intrigued me)!!!!
2) I don't know who I'm FaceBook friends with anymore, please refer to me as Batman's Superior Cousin or Batson in future. THIS IS NOT FACEBOOK!!!!
3) GRennie quoted me!!!  :o
Texts from Last Night

Greg M.