JOE SOAP

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Frank

Goaty

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

JOE SOAP

Goaty

shaolin_monkey

Spaceghost

I've not seen it but I'd be surprised if Almost Human is as entertaining as this thread.

I done a proper lol.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

von Boom

Just sprayed tea over my tea. This is just too funny.  :lol:

TordelBack

Magnificent thread drift, all.  All in good fun, Dave Batson! 

mimikeke

Quote from: GordonR on 13 December, 2013, 02:25:54 PM
Quote from: von Boom on 13 December, 2013, 01:17:18 PM
Quote from: Theblazeuk on 13 December, 2013, 12:45:48 PM
Interestingly (but confusingly) the show is airing out of production order. From the AV club:
"Blood Brothers" was the eighth episode of Almost Human produced, but it's the fifth to air. Next week is the third episode produced, and the second episode isn't even on the schedule.

Hmmm... Where have I seen this sort of thing before from Fox?

Sounds like Fox is pulling another Firefly.

Not necessarily. TV shows are shot in production blocks, which don't always correspond to the order they'll eventually be broadcast in. (For example, in the Eccleston first series of Doctor Who the first production block shot was the Slitheen two-parter and then Rose - that's episodes 4, 5 and 1 of the eventual broadcast order.)

Jumping around the running order like this can be because of having a director working on several disparate episodes in a row, the availability of a guest actor or recurring cast member, having certain sets or locations available only for a specific time of just generally managing your production resources.

Unless showing the episodes out of the order they were filmed in produces obvious problems with the ongoing story arc or characterisation, there might be nothing sinister to this.

That said, Fox do have a fairly terrible record on supporting genre shows.

Karl was pretty grumpy when asked about this at the con, he said he disagreed with the way the show was being handled, and that he didn't want to talk about it.