Main Menu

400 US comics for sale

Started by Dodsy, 02 July, 2013, 08:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodsy

Hi all. I'm still in the middle of a big sort out and have now gone through my single issues. There are around 400 I'm looking to sell including DC, Marvel, Vertigo and a load of Independent stuff (Image, Dark Horse, etc). I'd rather do it all in one go then go the eBay/ individual issue route so am trying the boards first. The collection includes a selection of number 1s and some runs. Some of them I've pictures of.
Some Spider-man stuff:

Some Hulks:

A good chunk of the Jason Aaron Wolverine run:

And some Irredemable/Incorruptible by Mark Waid:

Obviously due to the size of the collection pick up would be for the best (I'm in the North East, UK) and I'm open to any reasonable, fair, offers.
Any questions, just ask  :)

Dodsy
Twitter - @dodsy84

Dodsy

No takers? I'm open to offers...

Failing anyone on here wanting these can anyone suggest some sellers that might be interested in buying a collection?
Twitter - @dodsy84

DoctorEdgeWild

Have you got a general price range? Might help drum up some interest that way? Prices can vary like crazy, picked up a 2000 strong collection over the weekend for 40 quid total. Mainly American tat but still. :-)

Good luck with the sale, looks like some really good stuff.

Dodsy

We're did you manage to find a great deal like that Dr? Anything good in there?

I was thinking at around 25p for each comic which would make it £100 for the collection but think I may need to reconsider...

Will have to see what I'm offered I guess.

Twitter - @dodsy84

DoctorEdgeWild

EBay all the way.  :) Lots of collections on there with a 99p start and no reserve. If they are in far flung areas of the country, they don't get much interest so I get on them and my weekend job involves driving all over so makes it possible to collect.

Simon Beigh

Quote from: dodsy on 08 July, 2013, 12:42:28 PM
Failing anyone on here wanting these can anyone suggest some sellers that might be interested in buying a collection?

Do you have a comic book shop nearby? My local loves buying collections and selling them on as single issues.

Dodsy

Quote from: DoctorEdgeWild on 09 July, 2013, 01:34:01 PMI get on them and my weekend job involves driving all over so makes it possible to collect.

Well point your boss in my direction lol.

Quote from: SimeonB on 09 July, 2013, 04:03:44 PMDo you have a comic book shop nearby? My local loves buying collections and selling them on as single issues.

Unfortunately the only local one is a Forbidden Planet, the last independent one closed a couple of years ago.
Twitter - @dodsy84

matty_ae

If you supplied a complete list of what was in there it would be much easier to make an offer.

Or alternatively if you would package these up by runs saying what you want for them. I quite like the thought of ploughing through the ult spideys.

Its hard to even punt up £100 not knowing what is actually in there.

Dodsy

Hi Matty,

I was trying to avoid the complete list cause theirs so bloody much lol. Not pictured are a load of Batman single issues and a run of Robin (10 odd issues) which includes some Frazer Irving art.

I have a buyer lined up at the Leeds marts tomorrow but if you we're willing to come to me I'd drop the asking price down to £80. I'm just outside of Middlesbrough and, not to rush you, would need obviously need an answer quick. If your interested please either leave me a message here of email me at mbdodsworth@gmail.com . Look forward to hearing from you  :)
Twitter - @dodsy84

Andy_Lee

I'm in the same fix as you Dodsy, I've got 5 stacker boxes of comics to get rid of. I'm not relishing the eBay route and no LCS to dump them on.

Trout

When I moved house in the spring I had a massive clearout. If you don't want to eBay stuff, a good route is a local auction house. You won't get much but they are likely to sell in boxfuls.

Dodsy

The collection has gone.

Thanks to anyone who showed some interest.
Twitter - @dodsy84