Main Menu

Request To Rebellion: Non 2000AD Graphic Novels

Started by seanharry, 09 July, 2013, 11:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Quote from: malkymac on 10 July, 2013, 11:55:20 AM
Funnily enough I was looking on Amazon for Leo Baxendale stuff (in particular Willy the Kid) and was suprised to see very little available. I would have thought such a famous comics artist would have more out there.

I would love to see Leo Baxendale's stuff collected.
It's a joke. I was joking.

IndigoPrime

I'd love to see Combat Colin and Robo-Capers. And also a time machine that would let me put in a higher bid for the Robo-Capers art I narrowly lost on eBay recently.

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 July, 2013, 01:06:06 PM
And also a time machine that would let me put in a higher bid for the Robo-Capers art I narrowly lost on eBay recently.

Hello, dear Ebay enemy.

hippynumber1

Quote from: Dash Decent on 10 July, 2013, 12:38:02 PM
I want the Sweeny Toddler Case Files and The Leopard from Lime Street omnibus.

Leopard from Lime Street! Oh yes!  I remember it well; I found a site a couple of years back that had scanned the first episode and it was brilliant...

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Link Prime on 10 July, 2013, 01:11:58 PMHello, dear Ebay enemy.
Ha! Was that you? I was after the robot contest (jumping over the hurdle, etc.)

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 July, 2013, 02:18:58 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 10 July, 2013, 01:11:58 PMHello, dear Ebay enemy.
Ha! Was that you? I was after the robot contest (jumping over the hurdle, etc.)

I actually didn't get it either, but picked up a very early 'Tom Thug' from that batch Lew had up.
He's had some amazing stuff to choose from lately...funding being my only obstacle in snagging the lot!

Daveycandlish

Quote from: Skullmo on 10 July, 2013, 01:03:37 PM
Quote from: malkymac on 10 July, 2013, 11:55:20 AM
Funnily enough I was looking on Amazon for Leo Baxendale stuff (in particular Willy the Kid) and was suprised to see very little available. I would have thought such a famous comics artist would have more out there.

I would love to see Leo Baxendale's stuff collected.

You can buy the collected Willy The Kid direct from Leo over at his website
http://www.reaper.co.uk/bksnprn/books.htm
but be warned - it makes the Zenith collection look cheap!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I understand Egmont own the rights to all the Fleetway/IPC stuff Rebellion didn't get, with the exception of Dan Dare.

Any of us could theoretically license it from them. If we do, let's start with Scream!

Dash Decent

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 10 July, 2013, 10:29:29 PM
If we do, let's start with Scream!

When you publish it, I'll buy it.  Here's the scans to help you out:

http://www.backfromthedepths.co.uk/gallery.htm

I've got the 13th Floor collection from Hibernia(?).
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

seanharry

I loved Scream! Such a shame that it folded so quickly.

My favourite story was The Dracula Files; it had some great artwork by Eric Bradbury.

Another classic British comic strip that I'd love to see reprinted is The Tower King from Eagle.

And I assume that Rebellion must hold the rights to Time Quake; that was another Starlord strip that made the jump to 2000AD, but without the success that Strontium Dog and Ro-Busters were to enjoy.

Recrewt

Quote from: Dandontdare on 10 July, 2013, 12:56:23 PM
You could probably fit the whole run of Starlord into one bumper book of sci-fi goodness. Now THAT I'd buy.

^This.  Never read the Starlord stuff and current options seem to be searching through ebay or using not very legit torrents.  I'd love to have a reprint book instead. 

Spikes

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 10 July, 2013, 01:37:19 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 10 July, 2013, 12:38:02 PM
I want the Sweeny Toddler Case Files and The Leopard from Lime Street omnibus.

Leopard from Lime Street! Oh yes!  I remember it well; I found a site a couple of years back that had scanned the first episode and it was brilliant...

I believe this is it: http://britishcomicart.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/leopard-of-lime-street.html

Oh yes, i loved that strip back then. Fun to read that opening episode again.

Dandontdare

Quote from: seanharry on 11 July, 2013, 12:02:45 AM
And I assume that Rebellion must hold the rights to Time Quake; that was another Starlord strip that made the jump to 2000AD, but without the success that Strontium Dog and Ro-Busters were to enjoy.

Don't think so - i think that was solely in Starlord - only the 2 strips crossed over.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 July, 2013, 06:30:01 PM
Don't think so - i think that was solely in Starlord - only the 2 strips crossed over.

Nope. Timequake made a brief appearance in the Galaxy's Greatest.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.