Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Wow, Lovely stuff Chiefy. And they make a cracking t-shirt.

Mmmmmmm......

Skullmo

Can I have one of those tshirts please!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Hawkmumbler

snap! They look anazing like that!

chiefy2shoes

Here are another couple of shirts I had done using some of my commissions. A Daredevil one by Dave Stokes and a Perps line-up by Staz Johnson. I also have a Kev Hopggod line-up shirt but can't find it.

I use Vistaprint. The shirts are £5.99 + p&p which is pretty good.

http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/t-shirts.aspx?pfid=372&txi=15176&xnid=TopNav_Men%27s+T-Shirts+(linked+item)_T-Shirts_Clothing+%26+Accessories_All+Products&xnav=TopNav&GP=8%2f20%2f2014+5%3a59%3a47+AM&GPS=3260497621&GNF=1

Skullmo

Are they good quality shirts? Do they last when you wash them?
It's a joke. I was joking.

chiefy2shoes

Quote from: Skullmo on 20 August, 2014, 11:11:32 AM
Are they good quality shirts? Do they last when you wash them?

I've had no problems with the prints fading and they've all been washed at least 4 or 5 times each. Quality of material is comfortable as well. They do a more expensive shirt but the £5.99 one has worked out okay for me so far.

Spikes

Simon Beigh

From the NICE Con at Bedford. Dylan Teague was an absolute gent and a pleasure to chat to whilst he sketched

Spikes

A right cracking piece, that Simeon.  :thumbsup:

johnnystress

Not 2000AD related but I love it. A piece by Simon Gane (Arnie comics and top illustrator ) of my brother and his missus for their wedding last week

hippynumber1

I have no idea what you're talking about but that's a lovely commission!

Bolt-01

Johnny, that's a work of beauty. So much to just sit and absorb...

johnnystress

I'm delighted with it, but most importantly the happy couple absolutely love it.

Simon seems like a really nice guy and he nailed this.

Very reasonable price too.

Link Prime

That's great Johnny.
I was narrowly outbid on Ebay recently for a Godzilla piece by Gane- I was gutted!

Maybe the commission route is the way to go here.

Sideshow Bob

Not strictly 2000AD related, but a previous 2000AD artist...

My son Andrew and his fiancée Jemma are getting married shortly in Miami and honeymooning in Florida.  As they are both big Zombie / Walking Dead fans they are visiting the Walking Dead 'tour' in Orlando.

As a surprise wedding gift,  I approached Sean Phillips and asked if he would do a 'Zombified Wedding' portrait of them both..   He agreed, and asked that I send a photo of them and he would see what he could do.  The finished commission arrived last week and has now been framed and given to them at a celebration family meal tonight......They were absolutely delighted, as was I,  and I include the before and after pictures below.

Many, many thanks to the awesomely talented, and extremely nice bloke, Sean Phillips for what is an astonishing piece of work..
Cheers

Before...

After.
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890