The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Yup, A3 sized
Cost me £330 including courier service postage to UK

Spikes

A3, is the way to go!
And a very reasonable price to pay, for something from the Master.

I definitely need to ask about getting another from him.

chiefy2shoes

Wow. Amazing stuff as always from The King. Here's a commission I got from a random guy I found on deviantart (adhytcadelic) $35 for both b/w and colour images. They are digital files but I'll print them out on good paper.

Geoff

Just joined the forum, there's some incredible stuff on here chaps.

The McMahon commissions in particular, just the best!

I've got a Dredd commission to upload...but still working on shrinking it down to an acceptable amount of KBs...

Geoff

I'm not sure I'm uploading it quite right, but anyway...

I got the commission below for Christmas.

The scruffy fella, with the dubious reading material is the Ennis and Fabry creation 'Kev'.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Geoff on 13 February, 2015, 07:54:24 PM
I'm not sure I'm uploading it quite right, but anyway...

I think I see what you're trying to do.

If you put the link for the picture (which you can get, for instance, by left clicking and selecting 'copy image location') between the tags [ img ] and [ /img ] (but without the spaces) you get a bigger version of the image appearing directly in your post instead of the clickable attachment.

And so...

Or even...

@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

Obviously I somehow used a picture from the wrong thread, but you get the idea I hope.

And if you 'quote' my first post you'll be able to see exactly what I did.
@jamesfeistdraws

Link Prime

Nice Fabry piece there Geoff.
PS- welcome aboard!

Geoff

Thanks Jimbo (and Link for the welcome) I'll give that a go for my next upload! 

Mangamax

Had a lovely troop in my old hometown yesterday, spying on the disreputables:

And was thrilled to pick up a commission i'd started rolling at the last Demoncon back in September.
I'd told Clint Langley about my "Batman 186" project, where i ask folks if they could recreate my favourite ever American cover in their own style.
He was up for it but was of course busy, but said he'd have it done by yesterdays bash.
As with my "Someone Old, Someone New" project, a massive thrill is when i don't get to see any thumbnails and get the surprise of seeing the finished piece.
So yesterday, Clint goes "I've changed things a bit, hope you'll like it?"
Like it? I LOVE it!
Don't matter that its a recreation of the page, the whole point of the idea is an artist is given the idea and does their own take on it.
Its my favourite cover as i was 4 when it came out as i was fascinated and rather unsettled by the creepy lil' guy with the pointy nose and pudding basin haircut getting the better of my hero.
Clint's come up with a modern version that the grown-up me is equally fascinated/unsettled by - if DC Comics existed in the Twin Peaks universe, i reckon Clint's 186 could be found on the coffee table in the Red Room.

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Link Prime

Beautiful piece by Clint there.

Sideshow Bob

Not 2000AD but a 'kind of' commission none the less.

This was done for me by my son Andrew,  as part of a surprise 60th Birthday present..( The other surprise was a trip to Amsterdam ) ....It's me as one of The Boys.  He is not an artist,  but loves to draw and like me, loves comics and Graphic Novels.   Not bad,  I'm sure you will agree,  and a fabulous surprise.

The Boys is a tremendous 12 TPB volume series by Garth Ennis, about a Team set up to eradicate rogue Superheroes. As it's by Garth Ennis you know what to expect...Original artists were Darrick Robertson and John McCrea.
And before anyone asks I'm not the old guy in the top corner, I'm the one in the middle of the group holding a crowbar.

" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

hippynumber1

Geoff

Great stuff - your boy's done you proud there!

Sure that's a crow bar not a walking stick..?  :D

chiefy2shoes

Another non 2000 ad commission (although I do have a Langley Dreddverse piece to upload tomorrow)

This one is by sometime DC artist Mike Bowden