Main Menu

Submitting From the States

Started by jamesabels, 23 July, 2013, 04:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesabels

Hello,

I have written a 5 page futuresock that I'm really liking and would like to submit, though the only option seems to be by mail. I'm not opposed to this but being from the United States and can be a bit costly and time consuming. I was just wondering if there was any way to submit via the web or email?

Thanks in advance.

COMMANDO FORCES

Tharg prefers polystyrene cups over socks from the future ;)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: jamesabels on 23 July, 2013, 04:42:16 AM
I have written a 5 page futuresock that I'm really liking and would like to submit, though the only option seems to be by mail. I'm not opposed to this but being from the United States and can be a bit costly and time consuming. I was just wondering if there was any way to submit via the web or email?

I'm afraid it's post only, as stated in the sidebar to the left on this page, where it says:

Can I email submissions?
No, postal only.

Who should I address it to?
You should address it to the Submissions Editor, 2000 AD, Riverside House, Osney Mead, Oxford OX2 0ES.

If you haven't already, you might want to cast your eye over the submissions guidelines just to make sure your submission is does what is requested.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

LorcanQ

I've got a question about this actually. it says its essential to provide a stamped addressed envelope with you submission. However, here in ireland, there's no way to get a hold of UK stamps for the SAE. 2000ad then recommend an international reply coupon, but the irish postal service stopped doing these 5 years ago. Not thinking too much about it, i recently sent off a submission which included a self-addressed envelope along with 2 pounds sterling (in coins) to cover the postage back home. would i be likely to get a response does anyone know?

briantm