Main Menu

"...and have an A-1 day."

Started by Graff Vynda K, 30 August, 2013, 12:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Buttonman on 30 August, 2013, 05:02:44 PM
I'm off to the ABQ next week! Me eating at POLLOS, the hotdog stand and the waffle house will follow shortly!

If Tobermory can stay painted in pastel shades all year round for the benefit of Balamory tourism, and Holmfirth can still make a fortune from Last of the Summer Wine, then I don't know why it came as a surprise to learn that you can actually dine in Los Pollos Hermanos.

Looking forward to seeing the usual look of delight on your beaming face as you shoot up in Jesse's and Jane's squalid apartment, Buttonman.

Buttonman

Yeah looking forward to my blue meth - seemingly available in candy and bath salt form!

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Steve Green on 30 August, 2013, 10:07:43 AMIt has enough gruesome deaths to keep you happy as well, CF.

Why wasn't this said in the first place. I shall add it to my short list of stuff to watch asp :D

Steve Green

I look forward to your top 10 once you've watched it.

Buttonman

Back from the ABQ and did some sights!

Los Pollos Hermanos : A Twisters that serves below average Mexican food - tune into the 'Wot I Ate on My Holidays' thread for the full dissection!

Chez Pinkman - lovely house on a great street - puts Walt to shame!

Walt's House - Pete Wells had kindly scoffed the pizza off the roof.

Saul's Office -   the web reliably informs me it is now the 'Hooligans in this picture. I am of course pretending to call Saul.

Hot dog stand - shame I didn't see it at night as the dogs light up on the sign and are scoffed by the dog. I had one of their dogs and the review will appear in the foodie thread with pics - Spoiler - it looks like a big jobby.

The car wash - I was going to get my car washed but who takes a rental to a car wash?

Frank

Now we know what happens to that hand you've always got underneath the table - it's buried deep inside the pocket of your shorts.

Genuinely weird to see New Mexico looking grey and overcast; do you think they shoot everything in bright sunlight for aesthetic reasons or for the purpose of continuity/mixing and matching shots? Maybe American DPs are just so steeped in the tradition of only shooting in bright sunlight that it never occurs to them to do otherwise, but it does have a weird propaganda effect. One of the reasons I wanted to live in America as a wee boy was because - as far as I could tell from TV - it was hot and sunny there every day.

Satanist

I like the fact you went for the meth head look.

;)

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Buttonman

We were in Albuquerque for 3 days and it rained for at least some of each. We also got clear blue skies and hot sunshine. The locals said any rain was unusual and I guess it helps to have predicable weather for TV filming for continuity purposes. Breaking Bad wasn't that big a deal and we had to go online to find blue meth and BB tat. I did get 5 compliments on my 'Respect the chemistry' t-shirt - one from an old woman who said 'I know this fella'!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Buttonman

PM me your address and I can sort you out - Saul beer mat too!

Buttonman

Watched the finale and thought it was great - really satisfying with a neat and logical conclusion. I did predict two major resolutions but plenty surprised me too. Doubt we'll ever see a better series!

Graff Vynda K

Quote from: Buttonman on 25 September, 2013, 07:05:46 PM
Back from the ABQ and did some sights!

Los Pollos Hermanos : A Twisters that serves below average Mexican food - tune into the 'Wot I Ate on My Holidays' thread for the full dissection!

Chez Pinkman - lovely house on a great street - puts Walt to shame!

Walt's House - Pete Wells had kindly scoffed the pizza off the roof.

Saul's Office -   the web reliably informs me it is now the 'Hooligans in this picture. I am of course pretending to call Saul.

Hot dog stand - shame I didn't see it at night as the dogs light up on the sign and are scoffed by the dog. I had one of their dogs and the review will appear in the foodie thread with pics - Spoiler - it looks like a big jobby.

The car wash - I was going to get my car washed but who takes a rental to a car wash?

Love it!

When I was in NM is rained pretty much constantly (it was January...)

Richmond Clements

Astounding final episode. Brilliant, brilliant writing.

Professor Bear

It was great up until the moment that I realised [spoiler]Jesse wasn't going to wrap that car around a tree and bleed out slowly and then die like I hoped he would.[/spoiler]

JOE SOAP

I want a car-boot that does that.