Main Menu

SEPTEMBER ART COMP - GERRY FINLEY-DAY

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 September, 2013, 12:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

From August's winner Archie

Quote"The characters and stories of classic era 2000AD/Tornado writer Gerry Finley-Day."

So you've got a lot of choice there - will you revisit iconic stories of his like The VCs, Ant Wars, Fiends of the Eastern Front, Harry Twenty on the High Rock - ? Or is this the perfect chance to turn out that classic Rogue Trooper image in time for IDW's new series?! ...Maybe just flounder around the retconned floodwaters of future London with Disaster 1990?  Barney, as ever, is your friend if you need inspiration.

and remember there WILL BE PRIZES. ACTUAL PRIZES. For the first prize winner and for "Tharg's choice" so there's all to play for - also all entries will be featured on the Facebook page and the overall comp winner will get an entry on COVERS UNCOVERED!

Rules be thus:

- You can have as many entries as you want but bear in mind more than one will split your vote so IT MAY NOT BE WORTH IT.
- No entries from anything you've done previously - they have to been drawn SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 29th OF SEPTEMBER WHEN WE WILL HUNT THE VOTING PARSON

Jim_Campbell

Fantastic choice of theme. I look forward to not having time to enter this compo, as usual. Assume mine would have been brilliant and all will be well.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 01 September, 2013, 10:51:14 AM
Fantastic choice of theme. I look forward to not having time to enter this compo, as usual. Assume mine would have been brilliant and all will be well.

Cheers!

Jim

What Jim said. Inspired choice of theme!

GrudgeJohnDeed

I just want to hunt the voting parson!! sounds a lot of fun. Cool theme, ill put my thinking cap on..

ming

Weirdly, the Barney link somehow omits one of the classic GFD strips: The VCs*.

http://2000ad.org/?zone=thrill&page=profiles&choice=vc

* Please note the absence of an apostrophe there. The Titan reprint covers still make me twitch.

judgerufian

the bigger question is will Blackhawk count? (as Alan Grant took over when the character moved to 2000AD from Tornado)?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: judgerufian on 02 September, 2013, 11:14:08 AM
the bigger question is will Blackhawk count? (as Alan Grant took over when the character moved to 2000AD from Tornado)?
IMHO probably yes as GFD will have the rights to the conception of the character. A switch of head writer due to a change of comic it's printed in shouldn't hinder this.

CrazyFoxMachine

First entry from Martin Buckingham not, uh, MARK Buckingham who I mistakenly thought the signature belonged to. Damn my droid-orientated brain.

CrazyFoxMachine

Very exciting announcement - -

Taking the place of the FB popularity position this month and every month will be a NEW PLACE.

Droid's Choice where a genuine bonafide 100 percent 2000ad droid will choose their favourite entry! There won't be any prize for this position but hopefully I can coax a sentence or two about what they like about it and as an artist YOU'LL BASICALLY HAVE DROID ENDORSEMENT. Which is lovely, ain't it! No other entries will be exempt from receiving this place.

I've already persuaded an amazingly legendary artist to preside over judgement this month - but you'll have to wait until results day to see just who :D

Get drawing - !

allied72

Alien Goodness

Great choice of theme. Looking forward to seeing the entries

Dunk!

Good going CFM.

My entry to this months competition can now look like a bid to milk compliments from a Droid rather then having an idea that's been bouncing around my head for years.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 03 September, 2013, 11:21:54 AM

I've already persuaded an amazingly legendary artist to preside over judgement this month - but you'll have to wait until results day to see just who :D

What a tease! Great stuff.

CrazyFoxMachine

In other news higher authorities have informed me that Gerry's Tornado stuff is a-okay draw. Get them Blackhawks in!

Neil McClements

That sounds very promising, hopefully getting a few words of praise/encouragement by a professional will be hugely appreciated, nice work Owen.