Main Menu

Cheap Thrills

Started by James Stacey, 06 November, 2013, 03:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

The much touted new edition of Halo Jones going for 3 quid? Finally gave in and got a copy of Meknificent Seven.
We never really die.

shaolin_monkey

Holy Grud! Eight graphic novels for £25 inc p&p. BARGAIN!!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 07 November, 2013, 11:20:54 AM

Yep. That's a chunk of my Christmas shopping taken care of. :-)

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

radiator

QuoteThe much touted new edition of Halo Jones going for 3 quid? Finally gave in and got a copy of Meknificent Seven.

Don't want to piss on anyone's chips, but bearing in mind that certain books were still shown with the old placeholder covers I wouldn't be too surprised if the Halo Jones book actually turns out to be the older Rebellion edition. Likewise The Meknificent Seven.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 07 November, 2013, 11:36:09 AM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 07 November, 2013, 11:20:54 AM

Yep. That's a chunk of my Christmas shopping taken care of. :-)

Cheers!

Jim

Yep, same here.  Early Xmas presents for ME!!!   :lol:

Dash Decent

Red Razors is still £3 too much.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dash Decent on 07 November, 2013, 01:08:22 PM
Red Razors is still £3 too much.

I was going to order a copy of Bison until I realised they wanted me to pay them £1.99. I assumed it was the other way round to get me to take it off their hands...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Recrewt

Ha!

Has anyone ever read the making of Rogue Trooper book - presumably that is from the video game?  99p is ridiculously cheap but I'm not really sure what's in it. 

Dodsy

I know the store says 5 days for postage on busy periods (and then it'll be a couple of days delivery on top of that) but has anyone got there stuff yet?

I've never ordered off the store before so don't know if I should expect a dispatch notice or if the books will just turn up.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Dragonfly

Quote from: dodsy on 11 November, 2013, 12:28:41 PM
I know the store says 5 days for postage on busy periods (and then it'll be a couple of days delivery on top of that) but has anyone got there stuff yet?

I've never ordered off the store before so don't know if I should expect a dispatch notice or if the books will just turn up.

I've used the on-line store quite a few times and the books just turn up around five days after ordering. There is no dispatch notice.

James Stacey

Quote from: Recrewt on 07 November, 2013, 02:36:05 PM
Ha!

Has anyone ever read the making of Rogue Trooper book - presumably that is from the video game?  99p is ridiculously cheap but I'm not really sure what's in it.
They have a copy of this in my local fp they can't shift. Yes its all from the computer game and is pictures of the meshes and the like used. It's not great for a game art book. I guess most of the usual concept art this sort of thing contains was just lifted from the comic though. Might be worth 99p to the Rogue completist.

judda fett

Rogue Completist, his search for reasonably priced rare memoribila continues as he wages a personal war against traitorous secondary market prices in general.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: judda fett on 11 November, 2013, 12:57:13 PM
Rogue Completist, his search for reasonably priced rare memoribila continues as he wages a personal war against traitorous secondary market prices in general.

:lol:
@jamesfeistdraws

Recrewt

Ha! Despite my avatar, I'm not a Rogue completist.  Just wondered if it was any good.

This does remind me though that I still need to pick up the game itself.  I got the Dredd one (main reason I still have my PS2) which was good, the quotes really cracked me up - "this kind of rampant consumerism makes me sick".

James Stacey

the game is top fun. Think it was the first to employ cover based combat that was then popularised by Gears of War. I played the Wii version which did good.