Main Menu

The Four Dark Judges... Plus nine more?

Started by ming, 11 February, 2014, 08:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 11 February, 2014, 03:51:52 PM
Who will make a Judge Fistula costume for the convention scene?

Take your helmet off?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Enigmatic Dr X

I quite like Sleep as a design. Nice zombie.

Quite like it, in a "I quite like bourbon biscuits" kind of way. ie. I would never choose to have one because there are always better alternatives.
Lock up your spoons!

COMMANDO FORCES

Latest is online, Judge Sludge and I'm sure you'll all recognize him!

Trout

I like the look of this. I haven't bought any of the IDW Dredd ongoing series so I may get it for this.

I've been enjoying the revelations all day. It's like new X-Men.  :lol:

amines2058

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 12 February, 2014, 01:49:19 AM
Latest is online, Judge Sludge and I'm sure you'll all recognize him!

Hi is a bit 'swampy' isn't he!  :o

Frank

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 11 February, 2014, 11:22:58 PM
Quite like it, in a "I quite like bourbon biscuits" kind of way. ie. I would never choose to have one because there are always better alternatives.

Killer metaphor.

Dunk!

Judge Burroughs - one touch and your confidence is fatally undermined.

(been saving that all night)

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Dunk!

Fistulas, Naked Mole Rats, Having no skin, Sleeping, Stigmata - Shurley these are the 3am fears of a comic writer in his early twenties not one middle-aged?

Dunk!
"Trust we"

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: sauchie olympics on 12 February, 2014, 06:51:09 AM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 11 February, 2014, 11:22:58 PM

Killer metaphor.

Why thank you. The best line like that isn't mine though. It was a PC Gamer editor who said: "I don't play Football Manager for the same reason I don't smoke crack."
Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie olympics on 11 February, 2014, 10:11:56 PM
I love how Burdis has Oor Wullie's hair for a beard.

Me too. Hey, have you seen Shaolin Monkey's cartoon?

8-Ball

I'm guessing Judge Burroughs will be killed by Dredd with a Law-Shovel. "Curssessss!"
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

ming

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Trout Trousers on 12 February, 2014, 01:52:03 AM
I like the look of this. I haven't bought any of the IDW Dredd ongoing series so I may get it for this.
I've been enjoying the revelations all day. It's like new X-Men.  :lol:
One thing's quite interesting—with these things being posted to the 2000 AD Facebook feed, lapsed readers and presumably also anyone not paying attention seem to think this is what 2000 AD has come to these days. Given the upcoming Dark Judges reboot by Wagner/Staples (assuming Staples finishes the art before the heat death of the universe), it's curious timing.

It's also curious how dodgy this central Dredd comic is, given the quality of the Mars Attacks four-parter and the fairly good Year One. Still, the comic continues to be released, so they must be doing something right in terms of finding an audience.

Molch-R

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 12 February, 2014, 10:42:41 AM
lapsed readers and presumably also anyone not paying attention seem to think this is what 2000 AD has come to these days.

You'd be surprised how readily people on the FB page misunderstand, wilfully or otherwise, anything we do. As for the new IDW Dark Judges, all the evidence we have points to this being a major draw for readers in the States who have previously not picked up the ongoing Dredd title, which is only to the good.