Main Menu

The Four Dark Judges... Plus nine more?

Started by ming, 11 February, 2014, 08:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Spaceghost on 19 February, 2014, 07:47:41 PM
I like the little cobweb on his bollocks.

ECBT2000ad pointed out that, after years on Titan, Nixon's snatch is covered in cobwebs:

Spaceghost

Quote from: sauchie olympics on 19 February, 2014, 08:00:37 PM
Quote from: Spaceghost on 19 February, 2014, 07:47:41 PM
I like the little cobweb on his bollocks.

ECBT2000ad pointed out that, after years on Titan, Nixon's snatch is covered in cobwebs:

See? Crotchwebs. A Dredd-world staple.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sauchie olympics on 19 February, 2014, 08:00:37 PM
ECBT2000ad pointed out that, after years on Titan, Nixon's snatch is covered in cobwebs made an unfunny, sexist remark that shows up how badly they wish they were Frankie Boyle.

FTFY.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

bluemeanie

I said that!
Thought I'd log in for the first time in ages to say thanks

I was of course aiming to suppress women everywhere. Damn them all!

Ancient Otter

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 13 February, 2014, 03:12:27 PM
Quote from: Spaceghost on 13 February, 2014, 02:47:01 PM
Quote from: sheldipez on 13 February, 2014, 02:41:58 PM
I've been told a few times by US folk that the non-uniform size of the prog puts both stores and punters off 2000 AD.

Imagine the minds of these people. Being put off from buying a comic, not because of the content, just because it's a different size to all the other comics they have.

Utterly moronic.

I've never heard this...

In fact, every comic store I go to has a section for magazine-sized comics (which used to be all the rage in the US for a long time). The problem is cost and availability*...and, I think, the sheer amount of back issues to sort through. Imagine pondering whether or not to start reading a comic at issue 1700!!!

Every time a European publisher starts publishing in the USA this comes up - see for example the reduced size Humanoids and Cinebook publish their titles, that's to accommodate the American market.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 20 February, 2014, 01:49:39 AM
Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 13 February, 2014, 03:12:27 PM
Quote from: Spaceghost on 13 February, 2014, 02:47:01 PM
Quote from: sheldipez on 13 February, 2014, 02:41:58 PM
I've been told a few times by US folk that the non-uniform size of the prog puts both stores and punters off 2000 AD.

Imagine the minds of these people. Being put off from buying a comic, not because of the content, just because it's a different size to all the other comics they have.

Utterly moronic.

I've never heard this...

In fact, every comic store I go to has a section for magazine-sized comics (which used to be all the rage in the US for a long time). The problem is cost and availability*...and, I think, the sheer amount of back issues to sort through. Imagine pondering whether or not to start reading a comic at issue 1700!!!

Every time a European publisher starts publishing in the USA this comes up - see for example the reduced size Humanoids and Cinebook publish their titles, that's to accommodate the American market.

You may be right...but I've never heard of this being a problem and I've been buying comics in the US for...25 years maybe. As I said, magazine-sized comics were once huge here, there were as many larger formatted sized comics as there were "standard" US sized ones. Heavy Metal still moves.

Ancient Otter

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 20 February, 2014, 01:56:48 AM
Quote from: Ancient Otter on 20 February, 2014, 01:49:39 AM

You may be right...but I've never heard of this being a problem and I've been buying comics in the US for...25 years maybe. As I said, magazine-sized comics were once huge here, there were as many larger formatted sized comics as there were "standard" US sized ones. Heavy Metal still moves.

Heavy Metal is an oddity alright. Though check out the size of their Pat Mills books (Sha and Vampire Knight) to the English Vampire Knight sizes. Even Fantagraphics chickened out on releasing Ralph Azham by Lewis Trondheim in Bande Desinee size, they recut the whole book into a letterbox size.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

COMMANDO FORCES

James Stacey

cos thats better than calling it Judge Cancer   ::)

COMMANDO FORCES

I won't show a pic as that would spoil the surprise of how this one looks, honestly :lol:

James Stacey

lordy is this out, I only managed to get through the last one last night

Hawkmumbler

I thought the new DJ was a floating mass of anatomicaly ludicrous skull's with a laminated sheet blue tacked to his face. I'm dissapointed now.

TordelBack

It really is sounding like a LettersEntertainYou special feature on Dark Judge-themed reader art...

Recrewt

They have gone down a medical route with a few of these haven't they? Was JD recruiting in a hospital?