Main Menu

Thought Bubble, Leeds, 15th & 16th November

Started by Bat King, 13 April, 2014, 01:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Nutmeg

Only went on the sunday so sadly missed out on a surprise appearance by Henry Flint and Wells's costume . Met Dave Taylor, Chris Weston ( I bought a sensitive klegg page he had abandoned due to some mistake) Pete Doherty , got a really cool Judge Death painting off him , met Declan Shalvey. And met Jock and Jason Edminston and got their print. Nice to see the con had got bigger, and met some canny people over the day, some may have been boarders I  haven't a clue. Wish I  had brought more stuff to get signed as saw Tim Sale and Eric Powell sat by themselves when I had presumed the ques would have been massive.

IronGraham

Quote from: megabus on 18 November, 2014, 08:26:12 PM
It was great to meet every one and a special thanks to those who bought some of my comics.

Here is my convention report.
http://dbroughton.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/thought-bubble-2014.html

Nice to meet you mate love the Dredd sketch
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Alec Worley

Quote"I would just like to thank Alec Worley for signing my copy of Age of the Wolf.  I wasn't able to attend in person but my lad asked him to sign it for me.  Many thanks Alec."
You're welcome, Old Tankie!  :D

(Can't figure out the quote function... :P)

(I can! Rich)

IronGraham

Quote from: Alec Worley on 19 November, 2014, 01:18:12 PM
Quote"I would just like to thank Alec Worley for signing my copy of Age of the Wolf.  I wasn't able to attend in person but my lad asked him to sign it for me.  Many thanks Alec."
You're welcome, Old Tankie!  :D

(Can't figure out the quote function... :P)

(I can! Rich)

I too like to thank you for signing my copy and Jon
We're werewolves not swearwolves

David Broughton

Quote from: IronGraham on 19 November, 2014, 08:37:30 AM
Quote from: megabus on 18 November, 2014, 08:26:12 PM
It was great to meet every one and a special thanks to those who bought some of my comics.

Here is my convention report.
http://dbroughton.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/thought-bubble-2014.html

Nice to meet you mate love the Dredd sketch

Thanks Graham, it was good to meet you.  I hope you enjoyed Shaman Kane.

Old Tankie

There's a link on the "Everything Comes Back to 2000AD" site to the CBR Review of 2000AD's panel at Thought Bubble.  It's a good read.

Bat King

No pies or pasties were harmed during the filming of that there movie.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

SuperSurfer

I dunno. All that jimping around is surely bringing the KTT into disrepute.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Pete Wells' interpretation of the Judges' Uniform is one of the boldest this Squaxx has ever seen. Put your brushes away Siku, forget your Flared Helmets McCarthy and your Big Boots McMahaon. Wells knows where it's at.

It's almost like he has pulled apart Wagner's vision, analysed then purified it. He has given away Wagner's End Game. Over the past decade or so, we have seen Joe re-evaluate not just his own values, but how he relates to the world around him. He's been questioning a lot of things lately. Starting to doubt himself.

Pete Wells has shown me how it will all end.
You may quote me on that.

Pete Wells

Exactly King Pops - a sensible view in a sea of shithouses!

Dodsy

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 17 November, 2014, 02:23:42 PM
Great to see so many folks again and a few for the first time too: Hawk, Douglas, Fungus & Dodsy I'm talking about you.

Great to meet you as well Bolt-01 along with some of the other board members. Had a great weekend as normal and can't wait until next year.
When I first saw the TeePee tent and queue I thought the weekend was going to be nothing but standing in lines but the space was well planned out.
Will eventually get around to uploading my sketches but sadly not many from the 2000AD lot this year.
Twitter - @dodsy84