Main Menu

Brass Sun US Format - Issue 1

Started by Bat King, 16 April, 2014, 05:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

Did everyone's come with cool wee prints?

Ordinary too?

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Timothy

Well that was fun. A great start to build on. I'm a little apprehensive though as I've heard that this is a story without an end planned. With such a tight opening, it'd be disappointing to see it become directionless over time.

TordelBack

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 06 June, 2014, 09:19:21 AM
Well that was fun. A great start to build on. I'm a little apprehensive though as I've heard that this is a story without an end planned. With such a tight opening, it'd be disappointing to see it become directionless over time.

I'd be pretty sure there is a planned end to Wren's (current) story - but with the numbers of worlds in the orrery the actual journey itself could take all sorts of interesting turns before we get there, depending on how things go on all fronts, creative, critical, financial and in-universe. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Mabs

It's really heartening to see two titles (Ordinary & Brass Sun) doing so well, with both getting really good reviews and sales state side.

I really enjoyed reading them both, and in the case of Brass Sun, can't wait to see the 3rd season start soon.

I'll let you guys on a little secret; as most of you are aware I'm pretty new to 2000ad, having jumped on board from prog 1800 maybe two years back. A large part of the reason why I'm now a staunch fan of the Prog was to do with Brass Sun, because when I picked up the jumping on prog and flicked through the pages, two things caught my attention, one being Judge Dredd and the wonderful artwork by Chris Weston (on The Death of Dan-E Cannon), and the other strip wss Brass Sun which had just started.

As soon as I saw Culbard's artwork and the clockwork splash page I was drawn in, and have not looked back since. Hence my soft spot for the series. You could say I owe a lot to INJ Culbard and Ian Edginton!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Montynero

Great to see this being received so well across the pond. Definitely one of the best things either man has done - which is really saying something!

Would love to see tooth do more comics like this, as an addendum to the prog.

Timothy

I got this because I started subscribing to the Prog just as book 2 started and I wanted to see how the story started. Can anyone tell me whether this reprint run includes both books so far? If it does, when will it get to a point where I've already got the Progs? I ask as a digital buyer who therefore can't peek at the first page to check and doesn't want to blow £2.50 on stuff I've already got.

Molch-R

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 06 June, 2014, 01:32:50 PM
I got this because I started subscribing to the Prog just as book 2 started and I wanted to see how the story started. Can anyone tell me whether this reprint run includes both books so far? If it does, when will it get to a point where I've already got the Progs?

This mini-series will include both already-published series, plus the third which will begin in 2000 AD later this year.

Bolt-01

That Tharg, he knows how to spoil us...

Timothy

Quote from: Molch-R on 06 June, 2014, 02:50:54 PM
Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 06 June, 2014, 01:32:50 PM
I got this because I started subscribing to the Prog just as book 2 started and I wanted to see how the story started. Can anyone tell me whether this reprint run includes both books so far? If it does, when will it get to a point where I've already got the Progs?

This mini-series will include both already-published series, plus the third which will begin in 2000 AD later this year.

Does that mean that book one (which is all I need) will be in issues one and two of the reprints?

Molch-R

Colin YNWA

Oh well - I was wrong there then. So by my estimates (and they are of course only that) each issue must have over 30 pages of story?

Fungus

Think that's right, read somewhere it's 30+ pages every time. That's a lot of comic, and sorely tempted to break my rule of not repeat-buying things. Do love Brass Sun...

Bat King

Quote from: Judge-Tutor Semple
Brass Sun

Published by Rebellion

32 Page US Format
28th May 2014
$3.99 (£2.99)
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Fungus on 06 June, 2014, 11:58:55 PM
Think that's right, read somewhere it's 30+ pages every time. That's a lot of comic, and sorely tempted to break my rule of not repeat-buying things. Do love Brass Sun...

Yeah I am beginning to think I've missed a trick here!

QuoteBrass Sun

Published by Rebellion

32 Page US Format
28th May 2014
$3.99 (£2.99)

Arh yeah but the average US comic markets itself as 32 pages but there is normally only 20-22 pages of actual story, the rest is editorial and ads.