Main Menu

The Sims Four

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 11 September, 2014, 04:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Not sure how to reply to that, but what I really meant to say earlier is that....

What that if my computer is getting  slightly worse at counting.

Am I sharing internet with somebody else in secretly?  :o

After some more thought......

In reply to the picture you just put up.

Is the Sims Gender Specific?

I don't think so!

Depends on how you play it, I guess.

I use make some very interesting houses and even tried to tackle Castle Greyskull, but couldn't cover the facade.

The Sims Four...now 86%

:|

mimikeke

I honestly wish I could address all your concerns and I have a lot to say on the subject but of course unfortunately I am not at liberty to talk about either issues or super super cool things we are doing.

If you are having trouble with Origin....have you tried emailing or calling?  There are a lot of reasons we use Origin which include piracy.

For those of you who haven't played the game, I hope you don't necessarily judge it based off Metacritic user reviews - a lot of fans have boycotted the game and given it a 0 before the game even came out or they played it just based on what they had heard.  Just remember that the team is a real group of humans working very hard to deliver, but sometimes a wrench (or a million) gets thrown in in the process.  That's video game development for ya. 

If you are into creating lookalike characters TS4 is way more advanced than any of the previous incarnations.  Especially for girls, the body types are much more fluid as to allow for pear shapes or better hourglass shapes, etc instead of just universally skinny or fat.

On a side note I've just encountered Venus Bluegenes in Rogue (just made it through vol. 1) and it was actually somewhat possible to make her :)  You can't tell because she isn't turned but she has a mohawk.  Unfortunately I can't give her a gun  ::)

Bat King

I have Sims & Sims 2. Really like them. I avoided Sims 3 as Sims 2 isn't broke so doesn't need fixing though recently my son found a cheap copy but I haven't tried it yet.

Intrigued by Sims 4.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

ThryllSeekyr

At first, I was going to repeat that I think this game and it's previous incarnations are not gender specific at all and it really depends on how you play it.

Yet, I haven't yet played yet!

I'm only buying into this game because I feel obliged to be interested in the alternative gameplay and potential for creativity that some other even more popular games have taken inspiration from.

My main concern right now is that I purchased disks/cds (Two of them!) for it and was expecting a instantaneous installation of it when I brought the game back home with last Monday.

While I think that this waiting is dumb and this waiting is taking a bigger chunk of my time  with the addition of my currently very poor internet.

I understand the measures that game developers have taken to prevent it from being pirated.

I don't think I could pirate a game that is just two disks that don't even hold the game code, but just enough to set up  the launcher for download.

Yet there is always a way for the experts.....

Sorry, I had to put you through that, but is there any way you could let the company know that I am not happy at all with this drawn out waiting.

Sure, I've been doing other things, but right now I have no spending money. So I can't go out and I can't touch Elite dangerous again until I have cleared enough hard drive space of previous game videos I've made.

So, I can make more.

Sure that is also my choice, but I really don't want to progress further in this game's current Beta state with out documenting it on video.

I see this as essential.

Anyway, you could let them know about how I feel about being forced to jump through hoops when that goes against why I use and play computer games in the first place?

BTW, back down to 83% after it was as high 90% over hour ago.

The progression of this download has twice rolled back before and while it's only been within increment of 10%. The whole download has been slower enough to contribute to my disappointment.

Quote from: MimikekeUnfortunately I can't give her a gun  ::)

Phallic symbolism...because she's female  ;)

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Bat King on 21 September, 2014, 02:42:56 PM
I have Sims & Sims 2. Really like them. I avoided Sims 3 as Sims 2 isn't broke so doesn't need fixing though recently my son found a cheap copy but I haven't tried it yet.

Intrigued by Sims 4.

Your son's cheap copy of the third version of the game isn't the special deluxe edition that comes in a green cardboard box with a lid and a special manual and mini-art book. Minus the USB-Stick shaped like a green plum-bulb. (The diamond shaped thing you always find hanging over any chosen Sim's head.)

mimikeke

Pretty sure you are talking about the Sims 4? Could be wrong.  This edition is only available in Europe (minus signatures).  You can set the plumbob to light up any color you want but by default it will change to your character's mood color while you play :)

I can't really help you personally with the Origin issue, you would have to call or email the helpline.  I didn't have any trouble installing it so I don't really have the solution.

@BatKing:  Right now you can play a create-a-sim demo of Sims 4 if you want to get a feel for it.  If you are interested in Sims 3 there are some pretty good starter bundles (sometimes have really good sales on Steam if you are worried about price). 

Grugz

Quote from: Goaty on 21 September, 2014, 12:58:50 AM

how did you get a camera in the mayors flat? 

sims never appealed to me at all as there doesn't seem to be any aliens or warfare ...bring out a zombie apocalypse version and I might give it a go ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

mimikeke

haha we actually have zombies and aliens in sims3

Bat King

That edition looks nice...
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

ThryllSeekyr

I was saying to Bat King before about the The Sims Three game his son got second hand. After describing the one that I had lost. Either mysteriously getting lifted from my room or I just put it somewhere I can't immediately find it for now.

I not suggesting it may be the same game, but never underestimate the efficiency of the black market trade and thieves willing to sell on Ebay.

Sorry about the last remark about the symbolism, but you said you couldn't give your Venus Blue Genes a gun. I naturally thought of that and might have thought instead that you were hinting at gender favouritism in games these days.

Are they making more game for men/boys/males instead of women/girls/females these days.

I expressed my opinion on Facebook that it's not as bad as it seems. In the beginning and still today a lot of games have no specific identity relating to gender and woman do get some representation with games such as Tomb Raider and Metroid (Among a few others I can't think of right now!) . There are also games were you are controlling group of characters of either sex (Fighting Games that have team of famous male and females and games like Batman Arkham - City that have Cat Woman as aunlockable playable character!) and then there are games where you can creates character to be male or female in those Massive-Online-Role-Playing-Game or The Sims.

Females may not get fair coverage, but it's certainly there.

Or is there something different regarding this subject in the latest game I don't know yet.

Right now, the bloody thing is back to or still on 83% as it ceased to download while I went to sleep and I had restart the bloody thing a short while ago.

I'm in the process of also sending a complaint to Origin.

I going to demand some money back after getting such poor service.

Bat King

LOL - no ThrylllSeekyr it was a standard issue version.
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

ThryllSeekyr

Since I last post the cheeky bloody thing has back to 79%....

ThryllSeekyr

Every time I come look at the percentage of download so far and every now and then.....

It's rolled back down...and after being the high 80's and it's no gone back down to 78% again!

Why?

What the hell is going with my Sims Four Launcher if it keeps this up and while I'm at it why is my internet so poor.

I haven't ben able to upload any of mi videos and I really need to if I am to continue with Elite Dangerous

NapalmKev

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 22 September, 2014, 10:35:31 AM

What the hell is going with my Sims Four Launcher if it keeps this up and while I'm at it why is my internet so poor.

Is there any possibility that you Internet has been hijacked by a neighbour? If so, reset the password. If that doesn't work you should contact your Internet Service Provider and ask them what's going on.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

ThryllSeekyr

Finally, it's ready to let me play... :D