Main Menu

Prog 1914 Crowd Buster

Started by Skullmo, 17 January, 2015, 12:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prodigal2

I am transfixed by The Order. Are there any good linkingtons to the ideas and inspiration behind the strip to be found on the inter-web?

Ta muchly.

TordelBack

Quote from: Prodigal2 on 22 January, 2015, 03:00:14 PM
I am transfixed by The Order. Are there any good linkingtons to the ideas and inspiration behind the strip to be found on the inter-web?

I'd like to know this too! All I can offer is my crappy tourist-German translation of Ritterstahl as 'Steel Knight', and the expectation that the cover tagline 'Diet of Wurms' lies in our collective future.

Goaty

There is new The Order game out, any relations to the 2000AD's The Order?

TordelBack

Reading the Wiki entry I believe not, but the similar title and premise are very unfortunate.

Prodigal2

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 January, 2015, 03:18:06 PM

I'd like to know this too! All I can offer is my crappy tourist-German translation of Ritterstahl as 'Steel Knight', and the expectation that the cover tagline 'Diet of Wurms' lies in our collective future.

This has triggered memories of a boy-hood trauma on my part-a genuine memory of Johnny Morris eating a worm omelette on "Animal Magic."

TB how could you?

Colin Zeal

I didn't notice anything wrong with the paper. Certainly no pages bleeding for me.

Really nice cover. Top Thrills were Dredd and The Order. Also really enjoying Savage and Orlok is growing on me. Not so sure about Sweet though. I enjoyed the first series but this one just hasn't grabbed me.

Dark Jimbo

Yes.

http://comicsbulletin.com/kek-w-like-expendables-set-thirteenth-century/
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

That's the stuff, thanks Jimbo!  Interesting to see how closely my personal reaction mirrors Kek-W's intentions - a successful execution, so.

Dandontdare

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 January, 2015, 03:18:06 PM

Flashbacks of juvenile jokes during history lessons - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_of_Worms

Hawkmumbler

Oh yes, i'm loveing The Order. It's just my cup of chow and on the right side of steam punk without going overboard at the expense of the drama. And that Mr. Burns chappy can art,can't he?

Prodigal2

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 22 January, 2015, 04:15:38 PM

Yes.

http://comicsbulletin.com/kek-w-like-expendables-set-thirteenth-century/

DJ you are a prince among men.

metcalfecarr

Really enjoying most of the weekly's current run.  Dark Justice is great and I dont mind about the plotholes.  Im putting it down to d jump technology they've used previously meaning they can jump back to MC1 so they may as well deal with it in the confines of the ship.  Looks lovely though there's the odd bits where I have trouble making things out. I aklso hate that font Annie's using fir the dark judges with it's crossbar I's and it's wobbly letters. It's not nice to look at at all.

Savage is ace, the best Mills has been in ages and the most like he was in Invasion Savage has been.

The Order is proper 2000ad and Burns is excelling as usual.

Orlock - love the story hate the art.  Its hard to define quite often and just taking the piss in trying to be retro when really it's just nasty in places.

Ullyses Sweet however is the opposite. Paul Marshall does his usual slick job but it's polishing a turd.  I cant find anything positive to say about the story at all.

That cover is ace mind.

3.5/5 is good enough for me   
Dave Metcalfe-Carr

TordelBack

Quote from: metcalfecarr on 23 January, 2015, 02:16:14 PMI cant find anything positive to say about the story at all.

Well, you know what they say...

NapalmKev

Quote from: metcalfecarr on 23 January, 2015, 02:16:14 PM

Ullyses Sweet however is the opposite. Paul Marshall does his usual slick job but it's polishing a turd.  I cant find anything positive to say about the story at all.

I think Ullysees Sweet is one of the best things to grace the Prog; in what's been a pretty fantastic run, over the last couple of years.

Saying that, I'm also a fan of American Reaper, (from the Meg) so you can take my opinion on Comic strips with as much disdain as you feel appropriate!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

ZenArcade

Hear, hear on the Ulysees Sweet strip. NK. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead