Main Menu

Sci-Fi Special 2015

Started by SmallBlueThing, 24 June, 2015, 11:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 24 June, 2015, 02:58:08 PM
I've not set up a Rebellion ID and don't want to get it wrong and end up with a redundant account. Will it link automatically if I use the same email address.

If you don't have a Rebellion ID but you use the app, these instructions should work:

Open the app
Go to 'My accounts'
Tap on 'Log In with Rebellion ID'
If you don't have a Rebellion ID, tap on 'create account'
Register using whichever email you use on the app to make purchases etc.
Once that account has been created you should be able to log in to the webshop with it and sync purchases between your desktop and mobile device.

Spaceghost

Just got this today, the old fashioned way, in a shop.

Only read half of it so far but did so with a big grin on my face. I agree with SBT when he says the Dredd feels old school, and that's a good thing in a Sci-Fi Special. The art is lovely too.

Not being the biggest fan of Robo Hunter in any of it's incarnations, I was pleasantly surprised to find this one-off raising a few smiles. Again, really good artwork.

I did enjoy the Ace Trucking Co. story and laughed in all the right places. Nice gag about getting too close to a star from Feek. Nick Dyer is one of my favourite artists and is a perfect fit for this strip, however I found Ace's lack of pupils a bit distracting. What's happened to his eyes?

Looking forward to reading the rest on the train home from work.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Steve Green

I think it's more he has white pupils, which he had when the strip started, before they changed to 'normal' eyes.

Timothy

Quote from: Molch-R on 24 June, 2015, 03:07:56 PM
Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 24 June, 2015, 02:58:08 PM
I've not set up a Rebellion ID and don't want to get it wrong and end up with a redundant account. Will it link automatically if I use the same email address.

If you don't have a Rebellion ID but you use the app, these instructions should work:

Open the app
Go to 'My accounts'
Tap on 'Log In with Rebellion ID'
If you don't have a Rebellion ID, tap on 'create account'
Register using whichever email you use on the app to make purchases etc.
Once that account has been created you should be able to log in to the webshop with it and sync purchases between your desktop and mobile device.
That worked. Thanks.

Tjm86

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 24 June, 2015, 02:40:11 PM
Quote from: Molch-R on 24 June, 2015, 02:32:54 PM
Due to circumstances beyond our control (thanks a lot, Apple!)

You want to get on to that Taylor Swift — she'll sort it all out for you.

Cheers

Jim

Vote Swifty, you know it mocks sense!

(a t-shirt opportunity missed this may, methinks.)

Grey M@a

Tried several places on my way home too and there was no copy to be seen. Will have to pop into WHSmiths at the weekend if possible.

Mattofthespurs

I ordered it from 2000 AD direct and received it on Saturday.

Didn't want to post up due to not wanting to spoil it for anyone.

Suffice to say I loved it lots.

Spaceghost

Finished reading it yesterday and really enjoyed every strip.

Years of squinting suspiciously at Future Shocks enabled me to rumble the twist in the very first panel, but I enjoyed spotting all the subtle ways that the script and art tried to trick me.

I'm very much in the "love it" camp where Survival Geeks is concerned. It's not often that a humour strip actually makes me laugh, but this one consistently does. Really funny one-off with future repercusions for the strip.

Another brilliantly executed one-off for Rogue Trooper with absolutely stunning artwork. Reading this makes me want to see Rogue back in the prog.

All in all, the best of the resurrected specials so far, and long may they continue.

I couldn't help but wonder if, on the back of the success of these specials, the droids could be persuaded to give the old hardback annual another try. I can dream.

Link Prime

Quote from: Spaceghost on 25 June, 2015, 10:36:33 AM
I couldn't help but wonder if, on the back of the success of these specials, the droids could be persuaded to give the old hardback annual another try. I can dream.

It'd be a dream come true for a lot of us I'm sure.

Molch-R

We'd love that too but as it stands resurrecting the annuals is just not feasable, I'm afraid.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Molch-R on 25 June, 2015, 10:58:18 AM

We'd love that too but as it stands resurrecting the annuals is just not feasable, I'm afraid.

I thought as much. At least we have these brilliant specials back. Hope there's another Winter special planned too.

Bat King

Hardback Annual at £15 to £20 would go on my Christmas Present list & I am certain I wild be unwrapping it on Christmas Day.

Many others of us would also buy it. However would sales be high enough to deliver at that price... I would love it. Six new stories, a Classic reprint or two, a word search or crossword, a couple of articles, pinups and a cutaway of vehicles or equipment.

Bliss!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

moldovangerbil

I think the annuals have had their day tbh.  They were fun when I was a kid, but would I want one now? 

Quite happy with the end of year prog and now the Summer and Winter specials as well!

Anzati

The end of year prog has filled the void that used to be occupied by a hardbacked annual...these days I would be upset that I have a nice year long run of the prog, all of which fit nicely into A4 wallets and a ring binder to keep neatly organised...and then comes along what is essentially a hardback version of the end of year prog, with some extra fluff, to ruin my nice organised collection... >:(

Sure I'd buy it...wouldn't have any choice there...but I wouldn't be happy about it  :lol:

Steve Green

I think the end of year progs do a much more consistently high quality job than the annuals ever did.

It's only really the colour stories that are notable because they were different to what was running in the prog.

The rest was a lot of reprint and filler for the most part.