Main Menu

Who wanted a Hellraiser boxset again?

Started by Hawkmumbler, 20 July, 2015, 04:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Arrow just keep the ball rolling. After Society they are now aiming to release the first three Hellraiser films in a boxed set in October. I'm down for this.

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=Hell&product_id=600

Spikes

Cheers for that link - it's served to remind me that Hounds of the Baskervilles needs purchasing.

But so many good titles getting the deluxe treatment by Arrow. Long may they continue.
Really hope they can get their hands on titles like Tales from the Crypt, and the Vault of Horror.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 20 July, 2015, 04:24:31 PM
Arrow just keep the ball rolling. After Society they are now aiming to release the first three Hellraiser films in a boxed set in October. I'm down for this.

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=Hell&product_id=600
Unless it's got all 9 I'm not interested :)

But yes, I'll probably buy this. I love the first three.

Hawkmumbler

Hush now! Those other 6 never happened!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Anyone read The Scarlet Gospels? Any good?
Lock up your spoons!

Keef Monkey

I read it and loved it overall but did find it felt very rushed in places. Comes across like Barker wanted to keep it very pacey and keep it rolling, but it does mean that a few characters don't get the space to leave an impression and some big moments feel like they could have been bigger and had more room to breathe.

It's still brilliant (in my opinion) but personally I think it would have been better if it was twice as long and had some more meat on its bones!

Radbacker

Just gave my opinion on the What I read thread but to sum up I absolutely loved The Scarlet Gospels, absolutely great read and top send of to the characters.  Now Keef's mentioned it though I certainly wouldn't have complained at a couple of hundred more pages but what we got was great.
Oh and I think that box set might come my way but in all honesty cant remember any of them past number 2, the also missed a trick not stylizing the box like a certain Puzzle!

CU Radbacker