Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2016 5-6/11/16

Started by Bhuna, 29 February, 2016, 12:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Pauul on 31 October, 2016, 11:30:15 PM
I feel, that given I'm attending Thought Bubble primarily to network and make contacts, that getting horrendously drunk and making a complete idiot of myself might not be the best tactic.

I should probably focus on making a good impression.

I should be sensible.

Okay, we'll see how long that lasts.

yeah you don't want to stand out from the other, ahem, professionals.
DDT did a job on me

Bat King

Really looking forward to catching up with lots of you!

I'm not doing my Reviews Booklet this year as I simply haven't reviews enough. Being in hospital really messed my year up.

I usually full the weekend getting people to autograph my review of their work so I'll have a ridiculous amount of spare time probably. So those of you with tables might get me hovering around even though I've not reviewed you much if at all...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Bat King on 03 November, 2016, 12:33:30 AM
Really looking forward to catching up with lots of you!

Alas wish I was one of them. However I've decided its hard to justify both this and the 40th at the moment and so prioritising doing the 40th properly. Such a shame as it'll be the second year on the bounce I've missed it ... next year I'll be back, next year...

Hawkmumbler

Well that sucks, Colin. OK it'a actually very reasonable but I'm being selfish so it sucks anyway!

Colin YNWA

Well I was only going to get Proufhuff to sign some stuff for me and since he'll be in London I can do that there!

Rio De Fideldo

The Boar burger in the Palace is recommended.  Lots of lovely mulled wine/cider to put you into a winter frame of mind.

Hawkmumbler

Ah it's all reet Colin, i'm just pulling your leg!

Bolt-01

Hmm, I might have forgotten to book a breakfast at the hotel this year- which means I will be able to go to the Palace for breakfast. For anyone else around- I was there last year and it was the best meal I had all weekend!

Bhuna

All of the meals at great at the Palace, but yea the brekki is a cracker.

Not long now  :D :D :D :D :D
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Hawkmumbler

Well I do get breakfast thrown in with holiday inn, but considering how early I'll be out I might have to jump on a palace breakfast...

Blockmaniac

It's my first Thought Bubble, and I'm already ridiculously excited.
I'm nervous, too, as I'm hoping to present a script at the writing competition.
Fortunately, a friend I've known for years is keeping me company; early train down to get there at about nine in the morning, hotel opposite the arena and then the party. Can't wait.

Old Tankie

Just had a WhatsApp from the lad and daughter-in-law, he's in the pub, next to the hotel, already!  He's really looking forward to the weekend.  For the first time he's taking a table.  He's going to be in the Comixology Marquee (Table 23, I think, just down the road from the 2000AD stand). I know he'd like to see any of you guys and he'll happily do some sketches.  So, if you're in the area, pop over and say Hello.

COMMANDO FORCES

You should be there as well, come on, you know you want to :D

Spikes

Just got into my hotel - the Holiday Inn at the armouries - and though it's a little bit early, I'm now ready for my tea, and some pints...

Dandontdare

was planning a quiet one tonight but just got a text from a mate I haven't seen for ages, so I may be a little the worse for wear in the morning!  :sick:

Spikes - if those are Holiday Inn pints, I hope you took out a second mortgage before arriving!