Main Menu

APRIL ART COMP - NEMESIS THE WARLOCK

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 April, 2016, 06:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

From Tharg's Choice for March Nic Freeman:

QuoteNemesis the Warlock

CREDO! Lets dive into the terrifying nightmare future of the Terran Empire.

For those in need of a refresher the 2000 AD shop has all you need...

http://shop.2000adonline.com/categories/nemesis_the_warlock

There will be a GN straight from the nerve centre for the winner, and one for Tharg's Choice - and there will also be a bonafide 2000 AD droid choosing their favourite entries!

Rules for the art comp are these:

- You can enter as many times as you like but bear in mind it will split your vote so it may not be worth it.

- All entries have to be constructed specifically for this competition - so nothing you've done for anything else.

- You can enter either here, by putting it on our FB wall or by using the submit button on Tumblr:

FB - https://www.facebook.com/2000adartcomp

Tumblr - http://2000adartcomp.tumblr.com

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 24th OF APRIL WHEN WE SHALL SMITE THE VOTING DEVIANT

Andy Lambert

amines2058

Oh yes! Looking forward to this and what snagging entries everyone comes up with!

Leigh S

I have an idea!  And a week off! And it is Nemesis!

ming

Nemesis, when young, being trained in the art of killing humans by his father, Thoth...

:)

JayzusB.Christ

:D

I think we may already have a winner! Seriously, I love it  :)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Leigh S

My tribute to the Late Tony Luke and the marvellously bonkers Nemesis photo strips - specifically, "A Bedtime story" from Prog 534.  May update this one with a colour fixed and tidied version - my 7 years olds verdict: Triangle Head? Eurgh!!"

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

jannerboyuk

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Leigh S on 04 April, 2016, 06:51:51 PM
My tribute to the Late Tony Luke and the marvellously bonkers Nemesis photo strips - specifically, "A Bedtime story" from Prog 534.  May update this one with a colour fixed and tidied version - my 7 years olds verdict: Triangle Head? Eurgh!!"

After I had a look at Bedtime Story. I was little kind of confused about how that inspired you piece her. Aside for the characters & then I thought of Bride of the Warlock. Yet, not exactly, but pretty close. If the competition was taking a scene that happened in one trip & put in in another using a different set of but closely analoged characters.

I say that reminds me of the time Slaine got caught snogging Niamh before he got booted from his tribe. Still, he was never caught by what's his face himself.

This, the appetiser, & I'm waiting for the next course.

I 'd like entered this competition myself, but not sure of what limits my choice. It's strictly just Nemesis, right?

Albion

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 05 April, 2016, 12:15:32 PM
I 'd like entered this competition myself, but not sure of what limits my choice. It's strictly just Nemesis, right?

I take it to mean anything from the Nemesis stories so the character Nemesis doesn't have to be in it (The piece I'm working on doesn't feature him at all).

There's lots to chose from, Torquemada, Grobbendonk, Uncle Baal, the Blitzspear etc.....
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Leigh S

Hi TS - it is a pretty straight lift from this panel, with a bit of riffage from the preceding Torquemada mini series imagery of Candida's cell with the O'Neill lettering/catchphrasing.

The Chris Weston drawn "Bride of the Warlock" is indeed a kind of sequel to this story, with Nemesis returning (as he promises) to finsh what he started here!

As Albion said, you can do anything that is connected to the strip - doesnt need to feature teh Arch Deviant himself!

Dark Jimbo

You have to admire the sheer chutzpah of Mills and Luke - of all the strips in 1980s 2000AD to try and turn into a photo-strip, surely Nemesis would be the one you'd run a mile from?!
@jamesfeistdraws

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

ThryllSeekyr

You know after all that hullabaloo about a film about the Egyptian Gods, I forgot who else Thoth is