Main Menu

Some questions about the Judge Dredd universe

Started by Sandman1, 16 November, 2016, 05:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

Well,there was a crossover with Rogue Trooper.

Frank

Quote from: Smith on 11 December, 2016, 01:54:24 PM
Quote from: Frank on 11 December, 2016, 12:43:09 PM
In the Reprisal story (prog 1317), the unit under investigation are described as "genetic infantry".

Well,there was a crossover with Rogue Trooper

Like the Strontium Dog crossover, that was presented as a consequence of time travel (prog 900), so there's always the same get-out clause - Dredd may be part of Alpha/Friday's past, but Friday/Alpha don't necessarily represent the future of Dredd's fictional universe.

It's all much more complicated than the days when characters met up because Tharg accidentally stuck them in his pocket.

Steve Green

Warzone - Wagner/Holden

Proto-GI - can't remember much about the story though.

Frank

That's the story I thought TordelBack meant when he was talking about Dredd with a bunch of soldiers, but that's off-world and they say they're Space Corps (Meg 240).

Sandman1

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 10 December, 2016, 08:34:41 PM
Quote from: Modern Panther on 09 December, 2016, 07:56:55 PM
I'm not interested in reading a comic where the main character wanders the city fretting about his repressed feelings.  Nor am I interested in reading page after page of angry catchphrases and graphic ultraviolence.  But a reflective fascist, busting heads whilst worrying about the future he's creating...that's interesting.

Well said. People who think of Dredd as being a one dimensional character would benefit from your comment.

It surely gives the character a level of... irresoluteness, a faceted foundation for interesting stories.
Error...

TordelBack

Quote from: Steve Green on 11 December, 2016, 02:49:18 PM
Warzone - Wagner/Holden

IIRC that one was worked as a sort of companion piece to Mandroid.  Nice to see Dron in that group shot!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Steve Green on 11 December, 2016, 02:49:18 PM
Warzone - Wagner/Holden

One of the very, very few Wagner Dredds that I've actively disliked!
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Frank on 11 December, 2016, 12:43:09 PM
Interestingly, in the Reprisal story Steve summarised, the unit under investigation are described as "genetic infantry".

There's no reason to assume any link with RoogueTrooper-type shenanigans - it's never made explicit but I would assume all purely military personnel by this point have some form of genetic modification. Armon Gill (of the Chief Judge's Man stories) was an ex-military assassin augmented with leopard and cockroach genes to give him increased strength, speed, endurance, etc, but he doesn't seem to have been overly unique in this regard.
@jamesfeistdraws

Smith

Just asking,arent 2000ad strips in the same multiverse?At least according to Sinister/Dexter.While we are on the topic of crossovers.

Art

Well, there's the super-fanficy Helter Skelter if you want to go down that route.

Smith

The story itself-was a nice idea,but kinda comes of as "Hey,remember those guys?They were cool.2000ad used to be so much better."
But Im going off topic here.There is a multiverse,I fairly sure.

Art

Canonically all of Tharg's tales exist as bubble universes within the the Nerve Centre.

Smith

Well okay,for all intents,its the same thing.You just have to break a dimensional barrier or two(surprisingly easy to do) for a crossover.

Trout

Quote from: Art on 13 December, 2016, 06:21:32 PM
Canonically all of Tharg's tales exist as bubble universes within the the Nerve Centre.

And several of them are kept in the same drawer, where they chat in the dark.

norton canes