Main Menu

THE 2000AD ADVENT CALENDAR 2016 COMMENTS THREAD.

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2016, 11:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Judge

Trout, great job on the tabloids - 50 creds seems a little steep! How much for the vid slug version? :P

Who is the artist that drew that pic of Dredd on the front page? That image has been the home screen of my phone for a few weeks but I don't know where it comes from.

Also, I was clicking through your pictures and was shocked, but pleasantly surprised, to see a Tim Horton's cup!

Trout

That would be Bolland art. He once nabbed a photo of me for a fake newspaper he was making, so I thought this would be appropriate.

It's 50 creds because The Sun is 50p, and I'm willing to be the Big Meg has a shitload of economic problems after Chaos Day. At least, that's where Brexit is taking the UK. My small British freelance income is smaller than it used to be!

I must confess I prefer Starbucks to Timmies. Sorry.  :-[

Pete Wells

Lovely stuff Manga Max!

Drokkit Trout! I KNEW those dirty muties were to blame! Mexit can't come quick enough!

Echidna

I love the interview with the Justice Department representative - good to see the standards of tabloid journalism haven't declined since 2016.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Pete Wells on 01 December, 2016, 11:35:57 AM
Ah but Dash, you always do a million brilliant cartoons!

Thanks Pete.  Your positivity and generous spirit are appreciated.

I think I know what I can do... Oh, for the talents of Mr Lambert!  Oh, for the talents of Buttonman even!!

(Love your work Buttonman.  I'm not sure about all the stains, but the rest I love!)

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

von Boom

Tabloid journalism is the future and the future is now. I wonder what's on page 3? ;)

Super work Trout!

Trout

Thanks! I did plan some inside pages but it was taking up too much time, I'm afraid. Maybe I'll get to them one day. The sports page was particularly fun!

Darren Stephens

Superb work everyone. CFM, that's a great image and a lovely message, too.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Daveycandlish

Ah, Stephen Prestwood. Still miss the old palooka - he was such a massive part of PARAGON.

(Oh and by-the-by, Dirk Van Dom is back with a bang in the latest issue. His first contribution to the small press for years - a 32 page sequel to the Stephen Prestwood illustrated Icarus Dangerous! Scott Twells taking over on art duties)

Cracking work, everyone. I'll have to get my pad out and get my idea drawn up for the last day
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Bolt-01

Ah, CFM- way to get an old proto-droid misting up. I'm still gutted to think I'll never get anymore superb art out of Steven. A fab piece and thanks for posting it!

shaolin_monkey

Lovely entries over the last few days folks! The tree ornament would go well in any Squaxx household!

No offering for the 15th? That's a shame!

Bolt-01

I'm not up on the schedule, so don't know if I've just stomped on anyones digits, but I've just posted a compilation of the current strip.

Albion

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 16 December, 2016, 10:31:00 AM
No offering for the 15th? That's a shame!

I think Crazyfoxmachine posted his a day early.
I was originally the 15th but he asked me to swap to give him more time as mine was finished.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Andy Lambert

Phew! Just finished my last piece in time for tomorrow..!

Absolutely love Mangamax's Biog model! Looks amazing and so detailed!
My tree needs Eamonn's Dredd decoration..!Every tree should have one!
Loving Trout's newspaper, keeping things brilliant and varied.
CFM's submission is poignant and bittersweet and is a lovely bit of artwork.
And finally the Anderson strip from Bolt-01 is building up nicely with some cracking art from Dunk!

Fantastic stuff, people! I'm very much looking forward to seeing what this last week will bring, although I don't want it to be over too soon!

Pete Wells