Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

That has to be Liam Sharp, yes?

broodblik

The previous HC was done by Chris Weston but it does look very much like Liam Sharp
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tomwe

Sharp was also a Don Lawrence apprentice/assistant, so it would make sense to me :)

moly

Sucker for a nice hard cover, ordered

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tomwe on 26 August, 2020, 04:02:39 PM
Sharp was also a Don Lawrence apprentice/assistant, so it would make sense to me :)
Yeah and Sharp did the intro to volume 1, while Chris is listed as doing that for 2.
We never really die.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Colin YNWA

There's not date on this AND very little information but more coming from Garth Ennis - with Rebellion if not 2000ad (not specified) so briefest of teases over at Bleeding Cool

QuoteI'm also doing something for Rebellion that again I can't talk about yet so you've caught me at a strange state.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/war-stories-time-travel-comics-garth-ennis/

In my head this is him confirming that he's going to lead a relaunch of Battle... I mean its clearly not going to be that, but in my head it is!

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 01 September, 2020, 05:33:39 PM
In my head this is him confirming that he's going to lead a relaunch of Battle... I mean its clearly not going to be that, but in my head it is!

That will be a goody but I agree highly unlikely

AlexF

Was flicking through an old Prog from a year or so ago and noticed a 'coming soon... The Devil's Railroad' from Milligan and Dayglo - anyone know what's happened to that? Looked dead good!
-although I fear I might be in a minority as a fan of Counterfeit Girl and even nuBadCo.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 03 September, 2020, 09:57:43 AM
Was flicking through an old Prog from a year or so ago and noticed a 'coming soon... The Devil's Railroad' from Milligan and Dayglo - anyone know what's happened to that? Looked dead good!
-although I fear I might be in a minority as a fan of Counterfeit Girl and even nuBadCo.

I got ya back there as I love both of those.

broodblik

I enjoyed Counterfeit Girl would like to see it returned. Yes, "The Devil's Railroad" looks interesting. Would also like to know if this will happen and when. We still have the xmas prog which is a good starting point for new thrills

broodblik

A good summary of the upcoming releases for the year:

https://downthetubes.net/?p=121289

I noticed that the Cor!! Buster Bumper Fun Book is now scheduled for a 24th of November release

Leigh S

Misty Creepy Special?  That something I missed?

broodblik

Here is the write-up from the webstore:

Christmas is the perfect time for a ghost story and this year's Misty Presents... special will bring a few seasonal scares with a 48-page special that will shock your Xmas stocking off the wall and have you cowering under the tree with your presents! Prepare yourselves for a Yuletide shocker as M.R. James meets Black Mirror in a brand new title to round out a very special year!