Main Menu

Henry Flint - Tonight Matt(hew) I've come as... artistic tributes

Started by Colin YNWA, 14 November, 2020, 10:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 16 November, 2020, 01:02:37 PM
Look at the Pterodactyl head - pure Flint.

Loving these.

Exactly what I thought. So I'm learning Henry Flint has very specific legs and birds... (or flying reptiles I know, I know)...

Colin YNWA

broodblik

This is the reason why I see Henry Flint as one of the best artist on the planet.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

He truly is amazing.  Are these actual scenes by the artists in question, or has he done his own scenes in their style?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

JayzusB.Christ

Ah, ok, thanks. No less impressive for it.  Weird how, if you look hard enough, you can usually see a bit of Flint there.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Eamonn Clarke

Can anyone throw a bit of light on this one?
I bought this from eBay 2 years ago.
It was listed as being done by Henry as an early McMahon/Carlos homage for a charity auction.
It might have been the Lawless or Lawgiver convention as it was then?

I had intended to take it to a convention and get Henry to verify and sign it and then auction it for cancer research but then I forgot all about it and now I don't go anywhere. Found it in the folder last week and it surprised me.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 18 November, 2020, 08:50:56 PM
Found it in the folder last week and it surprised me.

Sorry I can't help, buy bloody hell that's a nice surprise!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 18 November, 2020, 08:50:56 PM
Can anyone throw a bit of light on this one?

Not really, other than to say that it's great, and that I'd bet cold, hard cash that it's definitely Henry based just on the line work on those feet.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dr Feeley Good

It was me who sold this, I can't remember where I got it from originally, I have bought quite a few pages directly from Henry but I'm sure this wasn't from him. I must have owned it for about 8 years before I sold it, definitely remember it being done for charity, but not which one! I do remember that Henry did a companion piece at the same time which was Dredd in his own style, and they were both auctioned separately... Sorry I can't be any more help...

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Dr Feeley Good on 19 November, 2020, 12:11:01 PM
It was me who sold this, I can't remember where I got it from originally, I have bought quite a few pages directly from Henry but I'm sure this wasn't from him. I must have owned it for about 8 years before I sold it, definitely remember it being done for charity, but not which one! I do remember that Henry did a companion piece at the same time which was Dredd in his own style, and they were both auctioned separately... Sorry I can't be any more help...

Cheers. Thanks all.
Hopefully it will get signed and auctioned at some point in the future when I've had my shots*

(*or do we call them rounds now, or bullets?. I'm confused)