Main Menu

Royal Affair vs Big Bust of 49 - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long: Game 11

Started by Colin YNWA, 13 August, 2021, 06:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Royal Affair vs Big Bust of 49 - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long: Game 11

For those of you paying attention I said I'd end the week as I started it... and here's the end with two more form theLong Region. After these two we'll only have the final round of matches to go in this - and indeed all Regions... EXCITING!!!!

All you need do is vote for your favourite between:

The Royal Affair - more info

Vs

Big Bust of 49 - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Monday 16th August and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

Rogue Judge

Big Bust of 49 partly due to recency bias....I just reread it Wed evening and really enjoyed it.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

The Royal Affair for me. I really like the Big Bust - it's got that classic Western feel and some cool villain designs, but I have a real soft spot for The Royal Affair. It's very... British I guess. The page Colin linked, with King Clarkie talking to the plants, is one of my favourites. And is this the one where Leroy Wedgewood Bunn invokes Crom?
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

GoGilesGo

Big Bust of '49. Rollocking adventure that feels like three or four S/D capers rolled into one. Love the design on Middenface's truck & trailer, Xen is a fun and creepy addition and the moment Darkus' mate gets torched in the slagheap inferno is a delightfully grim. 

Timothy

This isn't a vote - I voted further up - but simply a comment that I love the bit in Big Bust where the villain rushing to get back for the amnesty cuts it just too short and becomes the first victim of Darkus.

GoGilesGo

Quote from: Timothy on 13 August, 2021, 01:33:55 PM
This isn't a vote - I voted further up - but simply a comment that I love the bit in Big Bust where the villain rushing to get back for the amnesty cuts it just too short and becomes the first victim of Darkus.

"Phew! Made it!"

"Wrong. Not made it. You here. Line There."

Brutal

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Leigh S

Buttonman

Love a Big Bust - far more substance than the thinly veiled Royal jibes in Royal affair.

Colin YNWA

Tomorrow morning this one wraps but and we'll have a clear view of how this group will wrap up. You have today if you still fancy voting.

My vote here is really clear cut. The Big Bust of '49 is prime Johnny Alpha. Gritty, hard, violent western from the time I got back into 2000ad back in the day. The Royal Affair is a fun distraction. My choice is both real and nostaligic and goes to:

The Big Bust of '49

Oh and that wrap around cover, man I love that wrap around cover.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

This one wasn't really close The Royal Affair just couldn't keep up with The Big Bust of any year and so Charlie and co lost out and the 3 points go to:

The Big Boy Bust of '49

Points   Vote Diff   
The Schicklgruber Grab      3                 7
Big Bust of 49                      3                 1
The Kid-Knee Caper              1                 0
The Royal Affair                      1                -8