Main Menu

win a weekend with Bou'..Tharg ! your last chance!

Started by Queen Firey-Bou, 28 April, 2003, 04:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Slippo's right: we're not sure what the situation is after the innuendo's have been stripped down...

Are you two an actual item now?
Did you really select him because of his answers on this thread or were you planning to catch Pete anyways?
Better set your phaser to stun.

longmanshort

Ah, the mileage.

I lived in Rochdale, she lived in Leeds.

I'd jump in the car the second it reached 5pm on a Friday. She'd await my arrival.

I had one major car accident and 20 near-misses on the motorway over about 10 months. She nearly had several heart attacks.

I now live in Leeds and my life is very different but much better. She also lives in Leeds and keeps asking me where I hide her contact lense solution.

And I'll never have to go on the bloody M62 again! (until we go visit my parents ... in Liverpool)
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Proudhuff

shocked & cynical reactions from this board ?!

Really I'm shocked and awed...

The Huffsta'
DDT did a job on me

Oddboy

Yes Longman - I also used to live the life of a commuting relationship - I lived in London, Oddgirl lived in Reading (University) - which is only a 2 hour drive in the evening.  It can be a 1 to 1:30 drive in the middle of the night.
It's so close I'd often nip down midweek as well...
Problem: constantly driving west at sunset then driving east at sunrise.
Problem: after a night out often ending in a midnight staff-viewing at Oddgirl's old cinema, therefore getting to sleep about 3am then getting up at 6am to drive back to go to work next morning.

I did that M4 trip so often I could do it in my sleep.

And I regularly did.

Somehow I'm still alive, "blind" luck I guess!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Queen Firey-Bou

well guys...
aye Oddboy The competition was definately a joke !!! that was our way of 'coming out', this has been building for months but we felt making any announcements when we hadnt actually met would be just too much. so this was our idea of a joke, no i'm not really the sort of woman who travels 6 hours to meet just anyone. And one of the wierd side affects was the e-mails i started getting from Tharg... no honestly ! I assumed it was Pete having a laugh at first but it wasnt... hmmmmmm i have my suspicions.

meanwhile distance ? 10-12 hours + ...boo hoo. which in itself is nothing... its the 'baby'sitting etc thats my big problem. so if any of yous have a private jet ye could lend sometimes.....

longmanshort

Ah, the truth will out!

Good on yer Bou (and Pete!), hope it really works out fer ya. Oh bless, I'm blushing with joy now (yes, really). It's great when people get together  (yes, honestly) and all thanks to modern technology!

And no offense, but now that things are revealed perhaps this thread will stop - we seem to be rapidly running out of posts that actually have the 'reply' option underneath!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

karne

Well I was happy for both of you.

http://www.wf.net/~aardvark/ee/entities/censored.gif>

Pete & Bou yesterday...and today.